State Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant at the Health Communication Capacity Collaborative (HC3) – Sokoto
The Health Communication Capacity Collaborative (HC3) Nigeria Project and Johns Hopkins Center for Communication (CCP), seeks to fill the position listed below:
Job Title: State Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant will work with the state based M&E officer and other program staffs to support the collation and analyses of monitoring data, as well as report on findings from monitoring activities. S/he will closely coordinate with other programme staff to help ensure monitoring and evaluation data is accurately incorporated into all reports and information products.
- There are two full-time staff positions available, based in Bauchi (1) and Sokoto (1). Candidates may apply to only one state and must specify to which state they are applying in their application (directions below). Positions are available immediately.
- Work as part of a team to facilitate and support M&E operations including surveys, regular monitoring, data collection, analysis and reporting according to the M&E work plan.
- Conduct periodic site visits to validate data submitted
- Perform data entry and cleaning, and assist in the management of quantitative data sets
- Participate in the training of staff/partners and consultants in M&E data collection and processing
- Actively contribute to and support project implementation activities
- Participate in the development of work plans and budget for project M&E activities
- Provide administrative support as needed
- Carry out other tasks as assigned to support HC3 M&E efforts
- HND or Bachelors Degree with at least 2 years work experience in monitoring and evaluation of health programs
- Experience with word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to verbally communicate in at least one Nigerian language
- Well-organized, with ability to track multiple projects and deadlines
- Experience in providing administrative support to work teams
- Ability and willingness to travel as required within and between project states
- Ability to work successfully in a cross-cultural, team-based environment
- Ability to work legally in Nigeria
- Experience with database management a plus
Application Closing Date
8th December, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their cover letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) to: email@example.com
To apply please follow the directions exactly:
- The document should be a cover letter first, with bullet points in bold on how the candidate meets the minimum qualifications. Following the cover letter, in the same document, should be the candidates CV.
- Candidates should specify to which state they are applying in their cover letter.
- Resumes should include contact details of three references, as well as a list of languages in which the candidate is proficient. Candidate should indicate their level of proficiency for each language (noting 2 if limited working proficiency, 3 if general professional proficiency, 4 if advanced professional proficiency, and 5 for functional native proficiency).
- Do NOT send any other documents or attachments. Please note, any applications submitted with certificates, transcripts etc. will be immediately discarded.
- Do NOT send links to online resumes or CVs. Any applications submitted with a link to an online resume or CV will be immediately discarded.
- Candidates should indicate to which state they are applying as the first word in their email title followed by the words “Application for HC3 State Monitoring and Evaluation Officer”-. For example, if a candidate were applying to the Akwa Ibom-based position, the subject line for your submission MUST read: “Akwa Ibom Application for HC3 State Monitoring and Evaluation Officer”- any emails without this exact subject line format will be immediately discarded.
- Positions are available immediately.
- Only final candidates will be contacted for further engagement.