State Coordinator Adamawa at Fhi 360
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Coordinator
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Job Type: Full time
- The State Coordinator will ensure program quality in his or her assigned state, alignment and collaboration with other states, and implementation in accordance with USAID, FHI 360 and global standards.
- S/he will supervise program implementation and staff for state-based implementation.
- The State Coordinator also will serve as the program’s liaison with key stakeholders, including state officials of the education bureau, administrators and faculty members at select educational institutions, and NGOs.
- S/he will ensure the state program is implemented according to approved work plans, meets scheduled deliverables, and realizes stated goals.
- Working under the supervision of the program’s Chief of Party, the State Coordinator will take on the following roles and responsibilities for implementation of all aspects of the program in their assigned state:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, direct, and coordinate activities to ensure that program goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
- Participate in the strategic development of program implementation strategies to achieve the technical objectives of the program.
- Review program implementation tools (cooperative agreement, work plan, budget, performance monitoring plan, program audits and assessments, etc.) to determine funding, procedures, staffing, technical assistance, and allotment of other resources needed for successful implementation of priority activities.
- Establish work plans, program teams, and standard operating procedures to meet program goals and ensure compliance with federal rules and regulation, FHI 360 policies and procedures, and local laws.
- Identify, and as applicable provide, appropriate guidance and training to managers and staff to achieve program goals.
- Identify, establish, and maintain partnerships with internal and external stakeholders on program matters.
- Provide leadership to the program team, ensuring clarity regarding program priorities, activities, and timelines, as well as the allocation of resources necessary to achieve program objectives.
- Ensure alignment and coordination with regional activities implemented under the program.
- Oversee the development of the program’s periodic technical and financial reports to USAID and other key stakeholders.
- Maintain effective and constructive communications about the program and FHI 360.
- Model and encourage effective team-work, especially to enhance the role and effectiveness of program staff members.
- Ensure that all program staff members are fully familiar and operating in accordance with FHI 360’s values, quality standards, policies, and program objectives, as well as their individual responsibilities for upholding these standards and policies.
- Identify, develop, and conclude private sector partnerships in support of the program and its stakeholders, including partnerships and other strategies for realizing a significant cost-share requirement.
- Develop an effective communications strategy and team to manage program reports, marketing materials, and outreach activities.
Qualifications and Requirements
- BSc/BA in Education or its recognized equivalent with 7 – 9 years experience in managing and implementing education development activities in Nigeria, and specifically in a senior manager position.
- Or MS/MA degree in Education, or its recognized equivalent with 5 – 7 years relevant experience with USAID or other international development programs.
- Demonstrated significant and recent experience in a leadership role on a donor funded activity relating to education is required.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Basic accounting and financial management skills.
- Working knowledge of major donor policies (USAID, Global Fund) as well as international not-for- profit organizations.
- Excellent management and communications skills, strong interpersonal skills to ensure internal coherence among diverse team members.
- Effective diplomacy and outreach skills to establish and maintain positive working relationships with local governments, local and regional stakeholders, USAID and other donors, and the international community (including other donor funded programs).
- Proven ability to coordinate a multisectoral development project.
- Excellent community mobilization, advocacy and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize systems to monitor administrative and implementation results.
- Report to supervisor on variances and status on regular basis.
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume work flow.
- Perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy.
- Interact with diplomacy and tact and follow-up on requests in timely and efficient manner.
- Use a computer to accurately and rapidly enter and retrieve data and information.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 25%.
The following is a summary of fringe benefits provided by FHI 360 to eligible employees:
- Comprehensive medical plans (PPOs)
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Group life and AD&D insurance
- Health savings account
- Long-term disability
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Dependent life insurance
- Business travel insurance
- Supplemental personal accident insurance
- Supplemental disability
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and parental leave
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Pension plan
Other benefits (will vary depending on work location):
- Public transportation program
- On-site fitness center
- Local credit union membership
- Health and wellness program
- Employee assistance program
- Qualified tuition programs (529 plans)
- Bicycle subsidy
- Legal assistance plan
- Pet insurance
Application Clsoing Date
22nd March, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. FHI 360 does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.