Staff Safety & Security Manager at Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Staff Safety & Security Manager
Ref Id: 24924
Duration of Contract: 2 years
- The Staff Safety & Security Manager will be responsible for the development and implementation of security policies, guidelines and procedures in order to ensure the security and safety of all Plan staff, property and operations at the country office and state level.
Learning and knowledge management:
- Providing appropriate development tools/knowledge to staff on security and safety such as: provision of training for security guards; induction on Security to all Plan staff and maintain Security Briefing for all visitors.
- Ensure utilization, proper documentation and dissemination of the following below:
- Security Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Security Risks Assessments (SRAs)
- Security and Safety Management Plan (SSMP)
- Security Incident Logs and Reports and trend analysis
- Quarterly Security Report
- Loss/Incident Notification Form
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Health & Safety or any related field
- At least 3-5 years’ experience of security, health and safety management or similar capacity
- Good understanding of national security related issues and their relations to Plan’s contexts
- Experience in conducting participatory risk assessments and preparing situational analyses, including the analysis of factors from both the internal and external environments, identifying crucial risks that have to be addressed, setting objectives and developing plans of action
- Good communication skills (written and verbal) both in several local and English languages in order to present and garner information quickly and clearly to a variety of audiences
- Computer: MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
Skills & Knowledge:
- Strong knowledge and experience in occupational security and health & safety operations
- Ability to prioritise and manage complex and varied workloads, often to tight deadlines, in a dynamic, fragile and multi-cultural setting
- Ability to guide staff with limited security capacity
- Ability to predict and respond to security threats/incidents
- Strong diplomatic, interpersonal, and trouble-shooting skills including negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders
- Energetic and motivated individual, with a proven track record of undertaking similar assignments
- Strategic and critical skills – but also focused on operational results and ‘getting things done’
- Commitment to continuous learning; willingness to keep abreast of new developments in security
- Able to work independently but also collaborate closely within teams
- Ability to establish and sustain strong working relationships with Plan colleagues and in the broader Nigeria community/context
- Culturally and socially sensitive
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities.
- Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.