St Saviour’s School Ikoyi New Position
St Saviour’s School Ikoyi, is a British Curriculum School of approximately 320 children. The school caters for children from Foundation 2 (Reception) to Year 6 and delivers the British National Curriculum as part of a thoroughly rounded education set in a Nigerian context. We also use the International Primary Curriculum to enhance the learning of all children.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
- A friendly and caring international learning community managing a British-style primary school established over 65 years ago, located in Ikoyi, Lagos is looking for eligible candidates to apply for the position of Finance Manager to lead its recently repositioned finance functions and operations.
- The successful candidate will be administratively reporting to the Head Teacher and functionally reporting to the Board of Management Finance Committee of the school.
- Leading the institution’s finance team
- Implementing the overall strategic direction of the finance department of the institution including the Preparation of annual budget and cash forecast and planning process
- Monthly preparation of management accounts and cash flow projections and bank reconciliation
- Management of the treasury functions, including suppliers/vendor records
- Management of the Account Chart, the general ledger, the subsidiary ledgers and preparation of the financial statements · Serve as the point of contact for external auditors
- Ensuring strict adherence to the school’s financial policies and processes including the management of school’s compliance requirements
- Supporting the Board of Management Finance Committee and Head Teacher with day to day financial management of the school.
Educational/Professional Qualifications and Experience
- Professional Accounting Qualification and Membership (preferably ACA, ACCA, ICAEW or any other relevant professional qualification)
- A post graduate Degree in relevant discipline would be an added advantage
- Minimum of 8 years post qualification experience of which at least 4 years must have been in a managerial capacity in a reputable organization
- Experience in the educational institutions or related services will be an added advantage
- Age: 32 – 45 years
- First Degree with minimum of 2nd Class Upper or its equivalent preferably in disciplines such as Accounting, Economics, Banking & Finance, Business Administration or any other related discipline)
- Good Interpersonal skills and people management
- Ability to properly strategize to achieve results and work with minimal supervision
- Strong analytical and commercial reporting skill
- Computer literacy and proficiency in the use of Microsoft office suite and accounting applications (SAGE and Peachtree etc)
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Competitive within the industry standard
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications which includes attaching the online Job Application form, Curriculum Vitae, specifying personal e-mail address and phone numbers, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 21st September, 2017.