Sr/System Support Accountant at the Association for Reproductive and Family Health (AFRH)
ARFH is one of the leading indigenous non-profit organisations in Nigeria committed improving the quality of life of underserved and vulnerable communities by promoting access to quality health care and harnessing community capacities for sustainable development.
Association for Reproductive and Family Health(ARFH) is a national, non-governmental organization established in 1989 and registered in 1991. The organization has her headquarters in Ibadan and 3 other offices in Abuja, Kaduna and Katsina. Our mission is to initiate promote and implement in partnership with other organizations, developmental, HIV & AIDS, SRH and family planning program and interventions for young people and adult through capacity building, technical assistance, operations research, and evaluation to improve the quality of life in Nigeria and elsewhere in Africa.
SR/System Support Accountant
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
Duration: One and a half months, till December 31st 2017 (renewable.)
(Reports to the Director of Finance and Administration).
SR Support Duties:
- Work closely with ARFH program and other finance teams, and sub-recipients (SRs) to ensure smooth operation and effective grant’s fund management.
- Support in preparation/review of the fund request by the SRs to ensure reasonability and compliance with approved budgets
- Review retirement documents and follow up all outstanding advances with SR staff and partners, to ensure timely and proper retirements.
- Review SRs monthly transactions including cash book and bank reconciliation, and variance analysis report
- Ensure appropriate and timely address of auditors’ findings and recommendations.
- Provide continuous technical assistance and training to sub-recipients on grant implementation.
- Assist in the preparation of donor periodic reports.
System Support Duties:
- Support in designing, installing, implementing and maintaining adequate accounting and internal control systems.
- Ensure the Centralized Accounting System (CAS) is always up and running.
- Responsible for the periodic closure of accounting books.
- Ensure all implementing entities in the CAS post their transactions as at when due including interfacing with SRs.
- Timely resolution of issues/queries arising from the use of the CAS both at the PR and SR level.
- Responsible for the periodic consolidation of organization accounts.
- Liaise with the Centralized Accounting System consultant on a regular basis to ensure deliverables are achieved.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MSWord document) explaining suitability for the job; to firstname.lastname@example.org . Pleaseindicate the title of post applied for in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees including their functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers. Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).