IT Specialist at West Africa Container Terminal (WACT)
West Africa Container Terminal (WACT) is one of the first green field container terminal to be built in Nigeria under public private partnership. WACT is located in Onne port (some 30kms from Port-Harcourt) in Rivers State. We have been successfully connecting East, North, West Central Nigeria and Rivers state to the world. This has been possible through top-quality services, cordial business relations with customers, regular interaction with stakeholders, human resource development, modern handling equipment and superior e-commerce capabilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Specialist
Location: Onne, Rivers
- Responsible for coordinating physical and soft changes to IT infrastructure via change management process.
- Working knowledge of database management systems (Sql Server and my SQL) including routine maintenance and performance tuning
- Access Control management on files, directories and client/server applications on the office network
- Supervises external vendors/consultants to make proper changes to front and back end applications.
- Expert knowledge of LAN and WAN networking (wifi etc).
- Trains and provides technical support tend users in the best use of software applications.
- Communicates with other departments to report and resolve software, hardware and operations problems (Incident Management).
- User Acceptance Testing, Integration Testing.
- Supports remote users, ensuring optimum modem, e-mail service and security.
- Ensures all systems and servers are regularly patched and anti-virus software on them is updated and current
- SLA management with all internal (departments) and external (vendors) stakeholders.
- Negotiates site licenses and coordinates volume purchase arrangements.
- Supports Operations in maintenance of technical data communication
- Capacity management on the hard drive space and network utilization.
- Develops and implements disaster recovery procedures.
- Provides instruction and development for existing incumbents in the work group.
- This position contributes to continuous improvement of the terminals operational efficiency through reliable, sustainable and easily available IT solutions.
What We are Looking For
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science (or related field) from an accredited university.
- Requires at least four years of Supervisor/project management experience in setting up of IT and Telecom Infrastructure preferably in a transportation or industrial firm. Total IT experience will be about 6 to 8 years preferably within the industry or related business.
- Requires special technical knowledge of the techniques and procedures of software and network support for multiple users. Must understand installation, configuration and troubleshooting processes for software, hardware, networking and accessory equipment.
- Must have extensive understanding of Network applications and usage.
- Must be familiar with applications software to support Operations.
- Requires sound understanding of ERP software applications.
- Must have extensive understanding of computer hardware technology, maintenance, and operation.
- Demonstrate an expert level of knowledge and experience in application design, development and implementation of medium to large database projects, data management methodologies, technologies and standards.
- Ability to define and resolve complex technical problems in heterogeneous information systems environments.
- Requires excellent project managerial skills, including planning, organizing, and directing work.
- Requires effective interpersonal skills in order to work with internal customers.
- Requires excellent problem-solving skills, with the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot difficulties as they arise, and find work-around solutions until a more long-term solution can be found.
- Must be able to handle company information with confidentiality and discretion.
- Requires technical Certification such as Microsoft, Cisco, A++, SQL, Oracle etc.
- A wide range of national and international career opportunities.
- Opportunities for professional growth in a dynamic environment.
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online