Specialist Regulatory Compliance at Cadbury Nigeria Plc Mondelez International
Mondelēz International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MDLZ) is one of the world’s largest snacks companies, with 2015 net revenues of approximately $30 billion.
You could say our story began in 1761 with Fry’s (who produced the first modern day chocolate bar) … or when John Cadbury opened his first grocery shop in 1824 … or in 1846 with the creation of LU biscuits … or in 1901 with the production of the first Nabisco cookies. But we really came together in 2012 with the creation of Mondelēz International. We combine the energy and passion of a new company with the strength and heritage of 100+ year-old brands – and nearly 100,000 employees working across 165 countries. We have the scale and resources of a big organization, together with the speed, hunger, creativity and agility of a smaller company. And we believe this power of both big and small makes us unique.
Specialist Regulatory Compliance
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 2 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Manufacturing
MEA Mondelēz Research Development & Quality (RD&Q I) is currently seeking the best candidate to fill a Specialist Regulatory Compliance position at our Technical Center location in Lagos, Nigeria. This position requires a candidate to be an integral part of the MEA SARA team, ensuring our products maintain full compliance to local regulations while remaining competitive within the marketplace.
Regulatory Affairs has a key role to play in ensuring that Mondelēz products are labeled accurately and that statements made on the label are not misleading and help consumers make informed food choices. The candidate will be responsible for both nutrition and regulatory technical leadership through support of assigned brands and products. This position provides the opportunity to interact with cross-functional members of the business and will support the commercialization process and nutrition strategy teams across our MEA Regional & Global teams.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Ensure regulatory compliance of products, labels, advertising and promotions as well as adherence to company policies and guidelines
- Provide nutrition and regulatory guidance on project teams to enable accurate decision-making
- Develop nutrition and regulatory technical information for ingredients and products
- Review/approve label graphics for regulatory compliance and technical accuracy
- Review advertising and promotional materials for technical accuracy and compliance
- Manage elevated consumer inquiries and support corporate requests
- Stay abreast of nutrition and regulatory developments and identify opportunities and implications to the business
- Collaborate with and support business partners to ensure that product labeling and advertising are competitive and contribute to optimal marketing of products
Internal and external contacts:
The position provides guidance and support to & requires coordination and communication across key stakeholders including but not limited to:
- Regional & Global RDQ
- Regional Business Commercial Teams Marketing, ISC, relevant business stakeholders.
- Regional & Global SARA
Accountability: describes the scope and size of the key areas for which the position has responsibility.
Key accountability for assigned programs is to ensure regulatory compliance of products, labels, advertising and promotions as well as adherence to Mondelez policies and guidelines for assigned brands / areas.
BACHELORS DEGREE (4 YR)
Major: Nutrition, Food Science, Chemistry, or Related Sciences
- Years of experience in Regulatory Minimum 2
- Codex, and other regulatory experience Minimum 1
These are key observable/measurable skills, knowledge and behaviors required that contribute to successful performance in the position. (e.g., drive for results, customer focus, etc.).
- Technical learning & application
- Acting like and owner for assigned brand responsibilities
- Project Management
- Ability to interact and communicate to senior members of the organization.
- Personal learning
- Able to play a key role cross-functional teams for projects
- Presentation, communications, influencing and motivational skills
- Able to work across categories, cultures
- Project management skills
- Problem solving skills
- Informing skills to enable program advancement
- Builds constructive/effective peer relationships
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Mondelez International career website on jobs.mondelezinternational.com to apply