Solutions Developer/Software Engineer At Smart Partners Consulting Limited
Smart Partners Consulting Limited – Our client, a top player in the Banking Sector in Lagos, has given us (Smart Partners Consulting) the mandate to deliver and fill the position below:
Job Title: Solutions Developer/Software Engineer
- The primary responsibilities of the role are to design and create innovative digital solutions and ensure that these are aligned with both clients and organisation’s business objectives.
- Comfortable in designing and developing solutions using the latest and emerging technologies, with a number of years’ demonstrable experience of web, mobile and database development and a genuine interest in development technologies.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Designing innovative solutions to problems using the latest technologies and platforms, in support of both client and internal business requirements
- Build secure web and mobile solutions – writing code, testing and producing rapid prototypes. This includes writing and maintaining code for both new and legacy systems, across a mixture of client and internal technical projects in order to support the wider business with their everyday functions.
- Share knowledge of tools and techniques with colleagues, including non-technical personnel
- Support colleagues in business development activities, including proposal writing, estimating and client presentations
- Help maintain the quality system for the Team including Software Development Processes and Standard Operating Procedures
- Degree level education/relevant experience in the industry
- Commercial experience gained through a minimum of 5 years in a technology or banking and finance product development environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong customer focus and ability to manage client expectations
- Proven ability to work under stress in emergencies; flexibility to handle pressure coming from all directions simultaneously
- Self-motivated and able to work under little supervision.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) to technical and non-technical team members plus the ability and willingness to effectively communicate with clients at all levels during project lifecycle
- Willing to learn new languages/technologies and adapt to project specific requirements where necessary.
- Experience of using modern web development languages. C#.Net is preferred, but PHP Developers or VB.Net will also be considered
- Understanding of using transport technologies such as JSON, REST, AJAX and XML
- SQL programming and DB administration experience
- Experience in cross browser and cross device development, including in implementing responsive UI design
- Experience of web and mobile standards and how to apply these to the development process
- Strong knowledge of delivering digital and mobile platforms via Cloud, SaaS and On Premise installations and associated server technology
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance and Software Testing methodologies and experience of producing technical documentation
- Ability to gather requirements in order to deliver solutions which meet the demands of our clients combined with a good understanding of the business value of technology
- Ability to work to deadlines and manage time and quality of own and others tasks on a large number of concurrent client projects
- Familiarity with XCode and iOS development
- Familiarity with mobile development frameworks on Android, Windows Mobile and iOS
- Previous experience of creating web services
- Experience of using Content Management Systems such as Joomla or SharePoint
- An understanding of data security would be an advantage
- Previous project management experience, in both a waterfall and agile environment
- Ability to administer Hyper-V, Windows, SQL Server, MySQL, IIS and both LAMP and WAMP stacks
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Analyzing Information, General Programming Skills, Software Design, Software Debugging, Software Documentation, Software Testing, Problem Solving, Teamwork, Software Development Fundamentals, Software Development Process, Software Requirements
Application Closing Date
30th November 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified Candidates should send detailed CV’s to email@example.com indicating role in email subject.