Software Engineering Lead at ActiveEdge Technologies
ActiveEdge Technologies – We are a PAN-African organization with head office in Nigeria. We work closely and proactively with our international partners in delivering a wide range of innovative and cutting edge Information Technology services and solutions aimed at empowering businesses and organizations to our clients in diverse sectors of the economy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Software Engineering Lead
- We are looking for a software engineering manager to lead a team of young developers
- You will lead design efforts, test and implement solutions in an established financial technologies space.
- The role will ensure compliance with industry best practices, champion a technology roadmap and motivate a team to deliver on targets. The software engineering lead will report directly to the COO.
- Hands-on manager that will lead solution delivery in the enterprise.
- KPI setting for members of the team, documentation, business analysis and reporting.
- Lead solution workshops, write technical documentations and engage in continuous delivery and operation.
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related fields.
- Background in financial services is an added advantage
- 7+ years experience and at least 2 years experience leading a team.
- Must have a strong analytical mindset and be courageous enough to take on new challenges and learn new things quickly.
- A high level of commitment to the job
- A passion for software engineering. The job involves significant investment in research and development.
- A good knowledge of developing enterprise solutions, especially in the financial space
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English and ability to engage in high level meetings with senior management in large corporations.
- You must have contributed significantly to one or more solution in use by customers.
- A good knowledge of solution architecture is a must.
- Candidate must have a working knowledge of source control tools i.e. git, mercurial, svn.
- Candidate must know how to write unit tests
- A good understanding of build tools and continuous integration is an added advantage.
- The role will include ensuring the team complies with good development practices.
- A working knowledge of Linux.
Application Closing Date
19th January, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: email@example.com with the subject “Software Engineering Manager”.