Software Engineer – Full Stack at ActiveEdge Technologies
ActiveEdge Technologies – At ActivEdge we are in full grasp of value creation. We strive to not just improve upon your productivity, but ensure the impact of our solutions and services generate quantifiable improvements that drive your business values.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Software Engineer – Full Stack
- We are looking for software engineers with a passion for applying best practices and creating new things.
- You will design, test and implement solutions in the emerging financial technologies space.
- You will be part of a SWAT team of professionals building world class solutions from Nigeria.
- Develop distributed solutions with touchpoints in telecommunications and banking that will leverage big data analytics and machine learning.
- Participate in solution workshops, write technical documentations and engage in continuous delivery and Devops
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related fields.
- Strong understanding of distributed computing, PaaS, IaaS is required.
- Must have a strong analytical skillset and be courageous enough to take on new challenges and learn new things quickly.
- A high level of commitment to the job
- A passion for software engineering. The job involves significant investment in research and development.
- An open mindset i.e. a desire to learn and to impact your colleagues and the rest of the world.
- Good understand of developing and running micro-services is a plus.
- A good knowledge of developing enterprise solutions on the JVM is preferred.
- Experience with functional programming languages is an added advantage and ability to develop with Scala is a plus. We will consider a candidate who can demonstrate a good understanding of other object-oriented languages.
- Experience with web frameworks including Play, Asp.Net, Django, Lift etc is an added advantage.
- A very good understanding of one or more relational database management system (MySQL, PotgreSQL, MSSQL Server, Oracle) and/or NoSQL database system.
- You must have contributed significantly to one or more solution in use by customers.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Candidate must have a working knowledge of source control tools i.e. git, mercurial, svn.
- Candidate must know how to write unit tests
- A good understanding of build tools and continuous integration is an added advantage
- Candidates should have a good understanding of private cloud infrastructures, preferably Google Cloud Platform, AWS or Microsoft Azure
- An understanding of cloud technologies including container technologies is an added advantage
- A working knowledge of Linux.
Application Closing Date
19th January, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Software Engineers – Full stack”.