Site Discipline Lead – Marine / Mechanical at BW Offshore
BW Offshore is a leading global provider of floating production services to the oil and gas industry, with a fleet of 15 FPSOs and one FSO. The company has an excellent track record on project execution and operations, with more than 30 years of experience. The company is represented in the major oil regions world-wide, with presence across Asia Pacific, Americas, Europe and West Africa. BW Offshore is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange and is part of the BW Group, one of the world’s largest maritime groups.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Site Discipline Lead – Marine / Mechanical
Job type: Contract
Working hours: Full-time
Working days: Day
Expected Start Date: 18/12/2017
Duration: 12 months
- BW Offshore is seeking candidates for the position of Site Discipline Lead – Marine / Mechanical. The position will support the Marine / Mechanical engineering requirements on BW Offshore’s FPSO Life extension projects in Nigeria and render technical support to other internal activities.
- In line with NOGICDA (2010) requirements, this position is open to Nigerian Nationals only.
- Take a lead in all phases of FPSO Life extension projects from scope definition, engineering solutions, procurement technical assistance, construction, commissioning to completion
- Responsible for designing the FPSO, including:
- Develop and contribute with input to philosophies and design specification for Marine and Mechanical disciplines
- Develop material take-off and cost input for Marine and Mechanical discipline
- P&ID/PFD development for the marine/utility/safety systems
- Develop RFQ documents for marine/utility/safety systems
- Ensure the design meets regulatory, class, client and corporate requirements
- Give input to the master equipment list
- Perform system calculations and develop system design
- Develop system operation philosophies and design manual development processing
- Participate in project HAZOP sessions
- Take a lead in Marine Mechanical discipline activities and provide input to develop and maintain company engineering standards and best practices within the field
- Coordinate, plan and schedule Marine Mechanical activities to ensure a logical sequence and timely preparation, review and revision of all related documents, as well as check and/or approve deliverables from the discipline, and assure schedule and quality are attained
- Actively drive the development of relevant RFQ’s for module yards, integration yards, newbuild shipyards and equipment packages and prepare technical bid evaluations (input)
- Follow-up design development, construction and testing activities
- Review vendor documentation to ensure compliance with project requirements
- Proactively support and cooperate with all engineering disciplines to achieve optimal design results, including relevant input and comments to other discipline deliveries
- Work closely with and actively support Supply Chain, Estimation, Planning and other project teams
- Review and approve deliverables from suppliers and contractors
- Lead technical clarifications towards clients, sub suppliers, class and yard
- Liaise with class, regulator and client for the submission of documents and close out of comments
- Support Technical Maintenance & Support team, Operation Managers and offshore Units as and when required, including visiting Units in operation as needed for technical support and troubleshooting
- Act as a mentor and resource for new employees, less experienced colleagues and consultants
- Ideally a Master’s degree in Marine/Naval Architecture Engineering
- Ideally 10+ years of relevant experience within the shipping and offshore industry
- Ideally 3 to 5 years of experience within the FPSO industry
- Team player with the ability to lead
- Proactive and able to work independently, applying a structured and systematic approach
- Strong communication skills and the ability to ask relevant questions and provide thorough explanations
- Ability to deliver in a high pressure, fast pace project environment
- Ability to deliver high quality work on time
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary/multinational environment
- Understand the various engineering disciplines and their interaction
- In depth knowledge of the design and function of marine / utility / safety systems
- In depth knowledge of the relevant requirements of the classification societies and international rules and regulations
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
- The position may require temporary assignments at project premises or on board units.
- The position may require heavy travel and long working hours during peak periods.
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.