Silo Manager (Agriculture/Agro-allied Sector) at Stresert Services Limited – Sokoto
StreSERT is a professional services organisation that offers quality stress-free solutions to corporate organisations. We offer business support and integrated solutions in different areas that ensure business objectives are achieved.
Critically, we evaluate issues as they impact your business, and consequently deploy the appropriate skills and competencies to proffer the needed solutions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Silo Manager (Agriculture/Agro-allied Sector)
- As the on-site head of operations of the silo facility, the Silo Manager will have overall responsibility for planning, logistics, grain handling and storage, facility maintenance, staff management and general administration.
- Manage the overall day to day operations and maintenance of silo facility to ensure proper and safe grain handling, storage and distribution, minimise grain losses and ensure proper documentation and security of processes.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Manage the storage, handling, quality control, testing, weighing and maintaining the grain quality;
- Manage the process, procedures, and security of grain within the silo;
- Lead, manage and develop the Storage Operations team;
- Responsible for the overall security, storage, handling and bagging of grain on site;
- Manage and coordinate the efficient and effective logistical movement of grain into and out of the site to meet DIFOT (Delivery In Full, On Time) performance targets;
- Organise and coordinate the transportation of bulk grain in to and out of the site; bagging and loading of trucks for delivery of grain to various customers and distribution centres;
- Ensure proper documentation of the dispatch and receipt of stock/goods; Ensure invoice/receipts meet contracts and comply with company audit procedures and standards;
- Maintain safety stock levels in accordance with demand planning schedule;
- Ensure inventory is managed appropriately for safety and quality standards;
- Ensure periodic quality controls and checks of stock including testing, weighing grain and fumigation;
- Implement and lead stock counts on a continual basis, check for current placement and identification of stock;
- Develop and implement health, safety and environment policies and procedures to ensure HSE obligations are fulfilled;
- Develop and train all employees in HSE obligations in their roles, including reporting of hazards, near-misses and accidents;
- Manage staffing levels and rosters to adequately meet delivery schedules;
- Prepare monthly operational reports to communicate performance metrics including grain inventory, supply and movement;
- Ensure all records in the areas of safety, logistics, procurement, human resources, inventory etc. are maintained in an orderly and logistical manner;
- Keep abreast of trends in food and consumer goods packaging technology and commercial applications;
- Keep abreast of latest industry regulations and codes relative to materials, labelling, and equipment system design and operation;
- Keep abreast of latest key customer regulations and guidelines relative to materials, labelling, and equipment system design and operation;
- Carry out any other project or ad-hoc duties as directed;
Minimum Required Job Specifications
- A First Degree or its equivalent in Agriculture, Engineering, Economics or related fields
- All appropriate grading courses (including bag and bulk fumigation)
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the silo industry, with at least two years in as a Silo Manager
- Integrity and Ethics
- Detail Orientation
Grade Category Competencies:
- Planning and Decision Advocacy skills
- People Management skills
- Communication skills [Verbal and Written]
- Resource Management skills
- Stakeholder Management skills
- Team Building skills
- Emotional Intelligence skills
- Analytical skills
- Negotiation skills
- Business Knowledge
- Relationships building and maintenance skills
- Conflict Resolution skills
- Delegation skills
- Innovative problem solving skills
- Grain Handling and Storage Knowledge
- Inventory Management Skills
- Quality Management Knowledge
- Logistics and Movement Management
- Resource Management
- Organisational Health and Safety Knowledge
- Loss Control and Prevention Skills
- Customer Relationship Management
- Computer literacy (SAP and Excel)
General Working Conditions
- Ability to work in high pressured environments and/or deal with particularly emotional or stressful situations.
- High attention to details
Negotiable based on experience.
Application Closing Date
30th December, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com using “Grain Storage-Sokoto” as subject of mail.