Shift Engineer – Instrumentation at Michael Stevens Consulting
We are currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Shift Engineer – Instrumentation
- Equipment check, control, maintenance, trouble shooting and replacement of defective parts
- Plan and document critical and non-critical spares parts inventory
- Handle shift operations ensuring minimum breakdowns
- Monitor plant and equipment to ensure optimal operation and reduction of downtime
- Prepare trends and records of operation and maintenance data
- Prepare and compare daily utility reports for operational deviations and needful corrective action
- Ensure all Health and Safety standards are met and that all equipment complies with Company and legal standards
- B.Eng or B.Tech in Electrical, Electronic and Instrumentation Engineering or other relevant fields
- 6 – 8 years experience in a similar role in Manufacturing, Packaging, Pharmaceutical and Plastic industries.
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent understanding of process plant instrument equipment
- Expertise in Pet Process plant instrument calibration
- Practical knowledge of DCS function, PLC, soft starter, variable frequency drive ABB, etc
- Knowledge of breakdown/preventive maintenance practices for smooth shift operations
- Proficiency in Microsoft skills for preparing daily reports
- Ability to understand electrical and mechanical drawings/manuals
- Good inter-departmental communications skills for streamlined shift operations.
Application Closing Date
31st October, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org Using the “Job Title” as subject of the mail.