Shelter Project Manager at INTERSOS Nigeria
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Shelter Project Manager
Location: Maiduguri with missions on the coordination office in Abuja and on the field bases (Ngala, Bama, Dikwa, Monguno, Mobbar and Magumeri LGAs). Further LGAs could be added in the coming weeks / months), Borno State, Nigeria
Starting date: 01/11/2017
Contract duration: 7 months
Reporting to: Head of Mission
Supervision of: 11 local staff
General Context of the Project
- Since 2009, the Boko Haram insurgency has crippled north eastern Nigeria. Borno State continues to be most affected, with over 1.8 million internally displaced persons (IDPs). Recent advances by the Nigerian Army and the Multinational Joint Task Force have improved humanitarian access in 22 of the 27 Local Government Areas (LGAs) in Borno, but have also revealed the extent of the crisis. In newly accessible areas, basic infrastructure has been destroyed, essential services are non-existent, and most local governance systems are not functional.
- In support to the UN-led coordinated humanitarian response in the region, INTERSOS is implementing a 7-months integrated project that will address critical gaps related to the living condition of IDPs and new arrivals. The project aims at ameliorate the living condition of IDPs and returnees in Dikwa, Borno State, ensuring adequate temporary shelter and providing access to basic sanitation facilities. Furthermore, the creation of a Reception Centre will improve the management of new arrivals in the area thorough the provision of adequate reception condition.
General Purpose of the Position
- The Pm of the Shelter project will oversee the activities, Administrative, HR and Logistics component of the project, including Maiduguri, and Dikwa (Dikwa), ensuring operations quality, strategic programming and planning, ensuring strategic growth and strong external and internal representation and advocacy. S/he must be able to motivate and lead a diverse staff as well as effectively oversee the activities, budgets and partnerships.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks
- Supervise implementation of project activities in a timely manner
- Develop and manage the implementation of/adherence to work plan and M&E plans
- Manage all financial resources allocated to the project, including budget holding responsibility, production of financial plans and cash forecasts and verification of budget vs. actual on a weekly and monthly basis
- Manage all logistical procedures for the project – ensuring INTERSOS and donor requirements are met and proper documentation is collected and maintained for all procurements
- Ensure that reports are submitted to NHF as per the agreed reporting schedule
- Ensure data is collected regularly to respond to agreed indicators
- Develop budgets and project proposals for the Shelter sector in Borno State, in close coordination with the technical team and the head of mission;
- Carry out rapid assessments to investigate further programming opportunities inside Borno State;
- Build capacity of INTERSOS in shelter sector, to meet minimum standards for shelter programme in Emergency, including training and mentoring of the staffs with the technical support of the Advisors.
- Technical support for shelter activities throughout the programme providing insights to national and international staff on the standards including tools and methodologies.
- Work with the mission shelter team to strengthen the shelter sector in INTERSOS Nigeria Mission.
- Ensure 5W matrices are submitted to the State Clusters as per the agreed reporting schedule
- Represent in close coordination with the HoM and the shelter department the program with national authorities, non-state actors, UN agencies, NGOs, donors, etc. in Borno State and in Abuja;
- Recruit and train national staff as required to achieve the project objectives;
- Work with the administration department to ensure all administrative procedures are followed for shelter Staff in the field – updated personal details on file, accurate ToRs for each staff member, payrolls etc.
- Relevant Degree and/or equivalent shelter working experience.
- Relevant working experience of at least 3 years and previous Humanitarian experience.
- Strategic vision, leadership, people management, teamwork and flexibility, ability to work under pressure in a highly complex emergency context
- Excellent organizational skills in highly complex emergency operation
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills
- Practical and problem-solver
- Excellent ability to establish inter-personal relations and good negotiation skills
- Good knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Good knowledge of the international standard on shelter
- Fully proficient in written and spoken English
- Ability to deal with stress and demanding working environment
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of INTERSOS.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online