Senior Research and Policy Analyst at Nextier Power
Nextier Power is a management consultancy and solutions development firm focused on providing energy sector solutions. Our team of professionals have in-depth knowledge of the electricity industry and operating experience managing power companies in the local and international sphere. They are supported by a team of young and talented professionals. We combine their engineering and project excellence with our entrepreneurial drive, innovation, and passion to provide real solutions to the electricity challenges in Nigeria.
Senior Research and Policy Analyst
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 3 – 5 years
- Location: Abuja
- Job Field: Research / Data Analysis
- Nextier seeks to engage the services of a Senior Research and Policy Analyst.
- The Senior Research and Policy Analyst will engage with personnel within Nextier, government officials, and development partners to expand meaningful application of up-to-date power knowledge and tools as well as the synthesis of cutting-edge insights and ideas.
- Take initiative to support the development of energy proposals and engagements with donors and private sector to mobilize financial resources and leverage co-financing.
- In-depth understanding of the Nigerian Power sector and proffer solutions.
Collaboration and Support:
- Develop program scope, support, execute and coordinate Nextier Power programmes and projects.
- Manage the various grant programmes targeted to improve consumer education and access both in the on-grid and off-grid space.
- Provide strategy for programme direction and dissemination.
- Provide strategic supervision for the dissemination of the daily newsletter.
- Editor for the Weekly newspaper series on critical issues in the power sector.
- Manage, coordinate and organise the Monthly discuss on matters which are critical to economic growth.
- Organise power sector specific radio programmes, roundtables and customer engagement workshops.
- Monitor and evaluate all activities in the programme using strategic tools.
- Develop concept notes on Greenfield policies and programs.
Research and Technical writing:
- Developing policy briefs, proposals, tender for bids, copy editing and proof reading of articles and briefs.
- Developing any other document as instructed by the senior leadership
Public relations between Nextier Power and relevant consultant and power sector operators on relevant projects and dialogues:
- Lookout for possible portfolios within the market for expansion.
- Stakeholder relations to understand the market operated in and assisting Nextier to consolidate shares within the market with a target of expansion.
- Interface with other sector operators and participants for exchange of ideas and information.
Conduct research on the industry:
- Read books, journals and materials in sector to stay updated and relevant.
- Research on industry aspects as the need arises.
- Research on innovations and opportunities for expansion and implementation within the industry.
Other related tasks and activities as instructed by the Team Lead.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or any Science related field
- Minimum of Second-Class Upper division (Master’s degree is an added advantage)
- 3-5 years working experience preferably in the power sector
- Knowledge of donor agencies operational procedures
- Good networking and negotiation skills
- Must be able to develop policy briefs, proposals, tender for bids, copy editing and proofread articles and briefs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Analytical abilities and aptitude in problem-solving
- Some knowledge of “back office” computer systems
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently or part of a team to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Attention to detail
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com The subject of the email should be the Job Title you are applying for- For Example: (Senior Research and Policy Analyst)
Note: Kindly follow all application instructions above, CV received without the appropriate subject title will be disqualified. ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 25 September, 2019