Senior Programme Manager (S, F & E) at Sightsavers Nigeria
Sightsavers is an international organisation that changes lives for the long term. We work in more than 30 countries to eliminate avoidable blindness and support people with visual impairments to live independently.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Programme Manager (S, F & E)
Job Type: 15 months fixed term contract
- The Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Trust (QEDJT) is expanding its support to the trachoma elimination programme in Nigeria from August 2017 to March 2019 This includes support to Trachomatous Trichiasis Surgeries (TT Surgery) arid mass administration medicines as well as other initiatives in the national trachoma elimination programme.
- The Trust is expected to directly cover over 80 Local Government Areas and with the Federal Ministry of Health taking the lead on delivering this and preparing the dossier for irachoma elimination in Nigeria.
- The rote wilt coordinate and support the oversight of the quality assurance of trichiasis surgeries, F and E component in the Sightsavers supported states and adherence to preferred practice for Trichiasis.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Provide effective management, coordination and technical advice to the programme to ensure the delivery of the Trachoma S, F & E targets.
- Support coordination of implementation of trichiasis surgery plans and ensure adherence to work plans and budgets for the achievement of planned project outputs and targets in each state
Monitoring anti Evaluation:
- Support in monitoring the implementation of the IT surgeries in the States supported by the QEDJT
- Support the in monitoring and supervision of Trichiasis surgeries and clearing TI backlogs and adherence to preferred practices.
- Post graduate Degree in Public Health, Biological Sciences or related disciplines
- Minimum of 5-6 years of working experience, ideally in an INGO setting.
- Technical knowledge of one or more of the five PCT NTDs.
- Experience in managing an integrated NTD programme in Nigeria.
- A demonstrated record of accomplishment in developing and managing public health programmes.
Skills (Special Training or Competence):
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to build strong working relationships to enable effective management of partnerships and work collaboratively as part of a global team.
- Proven ability to think strategically and translate concepts into effective action plans.
- The salary for this role will be based on local terms and conditions
- We are an equal opportunities employer, and we particularly encourage qualified people living with a disability to apply
Application Closing Date
3rd November, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download an Application Pack below(Application Form and Equal Opportunities Form) below and return the completed Application Form and Equal Opportunities form as two separate documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- That due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to send out individual acknowledgements for submitted applications.
- We will therefore only be able to contact you in the event that you are short listed for interview.
- If you are not contacted within two weeks of the closing date you may assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion