Senior Production Operator at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors. Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Production Operator
Job Type: Contracts
Job Nature: Rotation
Activities linked to Work Permit site validation / opening:
- Take part into the Toolbox Talks and ensure hazard compensatory measures are in place
- Perform regular checks, audits of the working locations.
Activities linked to Work Preparation:
- Prepare and perform isolation, flushing, inerting of equipment as requested
- Ensure safe equipment handover to third parties.
Activities linked to Daily Routine:
- Carry out the daily routine activities (visual checks, leak checks, set up / reset up, change over)
- Participate in the periodic inspections and tests on Safety Equipment (Fire Water Pump, Deluge System, Emergency valves) and fill out the relevant log sheets
- Carry out first level maintenance (e.g. valve greasing, pump tests, instrument checks, purging, draining, filter changeover /replacement, easy fix)
- Record local functional parameters (e.g. meter, levels, recorders)
- Ensure proper handover between line management, colleagues, shift and one’s back to back
- Report any abnormal observation / variation in timely manner, including vibrations, leaks, blockages, plant integrity infringement
- Perform samplings for laboratory analysis
- Maximize asset throughputs under CCR and / or Line Management instructions
- Contribute to Cause Tree Analysis, Risk Assessments, Permit to Work preparation, Operating Procedures, as required
- Perform pigging operations, well testing, equipment changeover, as required
- Startup / shutdown the plant and / or equipment and / or facilities as required
- Perform the first level of diagnostics / trouble shootings and contribute to further in depth analyses
- Contribute to SIMOPS, Commissioning and Start-up activities as required
- Carry out any other duties as necessary within one’s capabilities.
- Know the Company Rules, General Specifications, Code of Conduct, and comply to them,
- Maintain one’s competence by making the most of the eLearning available, drills and OJT, and be up to date with regards to mandatory trainings
- Know the Site Standing Instructions, the Permit to Work procedures, the Site Emergency procedures, and comply to them,
- Perform a competency assessment every 5 years and endeavor to bridge gaps as relevant
- Anticipate and report immediately any anomaly / downgraded situation while making the situation safer
- Ensure that all work locations are kept safe, tidy at all times and free
- OND in Petroleum and Gas Processing Engineering or equivalent,
- Operator Certificate (French BOA, Ogere Certificate or OPITO equivalent) and Opercap assessment above 100,
- 2 years experience in Oil & Gas Field Operations.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Apply
Application Deadline 22nd December, 2017.