Senior Planning Engineer at Onstream Group
Onstream Group – With more than three decades of global industry experience, the company is now structured as a group of business units, each with its own specialisations. Through these units, the Group can provide tailored services to address the needs of our clients worldwide in the most effective and competitive manner.
The Onstream Group constantly searches for new solutions for our clients, adapting to current needs and changing industry trends, staying competitive globally and gaining market share.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Planning Engineer
Location: Bonny Island, Bonny, Rivers
- Coordinate in the provision of project management support in the development of PD Projects Portfolio activities, resources planning leading to the creation of the Overall Project Portfolio baseline schedule and its subsequent maintenance to achieve schedule performance.
- Assist where necessary to maintain the overall Project Portfolio Schedule at levels 1 to 4 required to develop and execute each approved project in their hierarchy relationship to meet NLNG projects’ requirements.
- Assist to develop and update the planning and schedule procedures to ensure sustainable and continuous improvements in line with NLNG Quality Management System requirements.
- Coordinate schedule control activities to monitor physical progress against key deliverables and track trends on schedule over-run and under-run to identify timely corrective actions for the achievement of schedule performance targets.
- Supervises and provide inputs to monthly progress updates; forecast completions, together with the critical path and trend analysis as input to management reporting to reflect how Company’s project objectives are being achieved.
- Evaluate bid schedules and review contractor execution plan and develop the key milestone dates for critical projects for alignment with the overall integrated Project Portfolio Schedule. Verify that the contractors reported progress is correct and accurately reflected in the overall Project Portfolio integrated schedule for accurate management reporting.
- Review scope change requests for the impact on schedules and the critical path of the project and prepare reconciliations between earlier schedules and the current schedule and provide schedule impact assessments to change control process for accurate progress monitoring.
- Perform risk and sensitivity analysis on project schedule or critical path analysis and evaluate impact on overall Project portfolio plan.
- B.Sc in Engineering discipline.
- 10 years experience in the oil and gas industry, of which at least 5 years in a planning role in oil and gas industry. An understanding of contracting strategy, project optimization processes, construction constraints are prerequisite for the job. Extensive skills in the use of Primavera planning tool is mandatory.
- Ability to work across international/cultural boundaries.
- You will have solid planning capability such that you can manage the schedule in FED2 but then use your experience of downstream construction projects and turnarounds to provide Owners challenge to Contractor developed schedules in FED3 and into EPC phase.
- A key skill expectation of mature staff is the ability to genuinely Motivate, Coach and Develop others with differing ability levels. This will require you to demonstrate core leadership skills of delegation, empowerment and building trust. .
- An understanding of contracting strategy, project optimization processes, construction constraints are prerequisite for the job
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: When the page opens, click on “Senior Planning Engineer “