Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at the Health Communication Capacity Collaborative (HC3)
The Health Communication Capacity Collaborative (HC3) Nigeria Project and Johns Hopkins Center for Communication (CCP), seeks to fill the position listed below:
Job Title: Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
- This position will work closely with the state based program and M&E staff to provide technical support and ensure that data that gets reported are of the highest quality possible. The Sr. M&E officer will ensure that data related needs of the HC3 project are met.
- This is a full-time staff position, based in HC3’s project office in Abakaliki and is available immediately.
- S/he will ensure the M&E system and processes in the state are functioning effectively
- Maintain a database to track performance indicators by entering data collected through the monitoring system and conducting verification checks to ensure the accuracy of these data;
- Assist in the conduct of studies in Ebonyi state or as may be required in other project states
- The incumbents will maintain regular communication with state-level partners and volunteers to offer data-required support.
- Regularly review data entered into the M&E system to locate and fix problems with data entry or integrity.
- Perform data entry and cleaning, and assist in the management of quantitative data sets
- Support program monitoring and evaluation tasks, including the implementation of M&E systems (data collection, paperflow management, data management and results reporting)
- Participate in the training of staff/partners and consultants in M&E data collection and processing
- Actively contribute to and support project implementation activities
- Participate in the development of work plans and budget for project M&E activities
- Contribute to the preparation of tables, charts and figures for internal and external publications
- Contribute to the preparation of literature searches and bibliographies
- Provide administrative support as needed
- Carry out other tasks as assigned to support HC3 M&E efforts
Requirements for the position include:
- Masters degree in Public Health or Health related field, Social Sciences or numerate subject with at least 5 years work experience in monitoring and evaluation of health programs
- Experience with word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software
- Working knowledge of data processing computer packages ( EpiInfo, Epidata SPSS, Stata )
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to verbally communicate in at least one Nigerian language
- Well-organized, with ability to track multiple projects and deadlines
- Experience in providing administrative support to work teams
- Ability and willingness to travel as required within and between project states
- Ability to work successfully in a cross-cultural, team-based environment
- MUST have experience with database management
Application Closing Date
5:00PM; 8th December, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send one document – Cover letter and CV only to: firstname.lastname@example.org to: email@example.com
- The document should be a cover letter first, with bullet points in bold on how the candidate meets the minimum qualifications. Following the cover letter, in the same document, should be the candidates CV.
- Candidates should specify to which state they are applying in their cover letter.
- Resume should include references, as well as a list of languages in which the candidate is proficient. Candidate should indicate their level of proficiency for each language (noting 2 if limited working proficiency, 3 if general professional proficiency, 4 if advanced professional proficiency, and 5 for functional native proficiency).
- Do NOT send any other documents or attachments. Please note, any applications submitted with certificates, transcripts etc. will be immediately discarded.
- Do NOT send links to online resumes or CVs. Any applications submitted with a link to an online resume or CV will be immediately discarded.
- Candidates should title their email submission for this position as indicated here: “Ebonyi Application for HC3 Sr. Monitoring and Evaluation Officer” any emails without this exact subject line format will be immediately discarded.
- Only final candidates will be contacted for further engagement
- The HC3 management reserves the right to modify or cancel this advert at any time.