Senior Health Systems Strengthening Advisor at Malaria Consortium
Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations specialising in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable and under privileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: SHSSA – Senior Health Systems Strengthening Advisor
- The position holder will lead the development, working with the project team and STTA, of the donor’s strategy on health systems strengthening using malaria as an entry point into the health system at Federal, State and LGA levels.
- He/She will be the focal point for the DFID health systems programme to ensure coordination and harmonisation
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent skills in public health, and in particular related to malaria
- Strong analytical ability
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Management of high performing teams, including ability to delegate efficiently and technically support teams
- Mentoring and coaching skills with respect to junior staff
- Strong skills in negotiating with and engaging Ministry of Health Officials at all levels of the health system
- Ability to work in a multicultural team
- Results-oriented attitude to work
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work independently with little support
- Practical organisational skills with the ability to manage a fluctuating workload, prioritise and re-prioritise when necessary and meet tight deadlines
- Able to travel to SUNMAP2 supported states for up to one week at a time to oversee implementation activities
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving mind-set
- Positive work attitude; a team player
Application Closing Date
29th May, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: This role is dependent on Malaria Consortium securing a forthcoming grant and due to the urgency of the role, we are reviewing and interviewing candidates on a daily basis.