Senior Business/Financial Analyst at the Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (Aedc Plc)
The Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC Plc) one of the 11 privatized Electricity Distribution companies in Nigeria that operates in the following states; Kogi, Niger, Nasarawa and Abuja, is presently recruiting for the position below:
Job Title: Senior Business/Financial Analyst
- This position provides the successful candidate with the opportunity to make an immediate bottom-line impact in a promising Company.
- We are a highly entrepreneurial environment and a company that is positioned for significant growth.
- We welcome individuals who are interested in an opportunity that rewards hard work and is results focused.
- The position will be located in Abuja FCT, and may involve some travel within Nigeria to periurban areas and surrounding areas within the AEDC coverage area, which includes the states of Niger, Nassarawa, Abuja, and Kogi.
Detailed Job Responsibilities
- Provide timely, relevant, accurate and frequent reporting & analysis of Company’s performance against historical, budgeted, forecasted and strategic planning results with recommendations on corrective actions as necessary
- Develop key business performance metrics using analytical techniques, tools, and concepts to provide practical insights into KPI development to drive operating performance and business results
- Present results of analyses report with recommendations to management using Microsoft’s excel, PowerPoint, Word and similar applications software to create/display charts, graphs and dashboards to visualize results
- Facilitate monthly meetings with Regional, Area Offices and other SBUs as necessary to discuss historical financial results and future performance providing practical counsel on achievement of performance targets
- Maintain and develop various models and standard templates for use by colleagues during the planning process to ensure quality, accuracy and focused analytic review
- Responsible for designing suitable Information and data gathering framework to obtain data for conducting business analysis to identify key variables and critical components of the company’s business.
- Facilitating periodic performance review meetings to give feedback of findings to management
- Facilitate communication and understanding of operations related analysis between the field operations and relevant head office functions
- Monitor and track key performance metrics against the company’s strategic objectives
- Assist in the preparation of materials for the Board of Directors, Executive team & Shareholders
- Work on ad-hoc projects/analyses as required from time to time
- Lead team effort on special projects and other assigned tasks
Qualification & Requirements
- 7+ years of progressive, relevant experience
- Commercial skills – a commercial flair for developing business along with financial acumen and negotiating capacity
- Entrepreneurial – must fit with the entrepreneurial culture of a high growth company. The individual must be comfortable operating without high degrees of oversight and direction.
- High Execution Quotient (EQ) with a strong focus on results
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint & Word
- Highly analytical, with strong financial analysis skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed, with a high sense of urgency
- Excellent decision making skills
- Strong leadership and team building skills
- Experience creating financial models
- Strong quantitative / analytical skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Solid work ethic
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to set priorities and take initiative
- Ability to effectively manage multiple project deadlines simultaneously.
- Ability to generate respect and trust from staff and supervisors
- Ability to perform with a high degree of professionalism, integrity and business ethics
- Power sector experience is a plus
- Qualifications – University level degree in any analytical discipline (Accounting, Science, Finance, Economics, Engineering, Math, etc) required
- Graduate degree and similar qualifications a plus
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Medical Benefit
- Training & Development
Application Closing Date
26th January, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae and a Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org The subject of your mail should be: Senior Business/Financial Analyst. Failure to follow the instructions will lead to disqualification of your application.
The cover letter should be addressed to:
Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Plc,
1 Ziquinchor Street, Off IBB Way
Wuse Zone 4,
Attention: The Director, Corporate Services.
Note: Only soft copy of applications will be treated.