Senior Analyst, Nav Application Support at Stanbic IBTC Bank
Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Analyst, NAV Application Support
Job ID: 28524
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Job Sector: Information Technology and Services
- The Senior Analyst, MS Dynamics NAV Application provides application maintenance and support services that includes: Business continuity, Capacity Management, Configuration and Database performance monitoring, License Management, Application server management (UNIX/UBUNTU), Service Level Management, Vendor Management Experience, Change and Release Management, IT System Support, Service Management Processes, Use of Version Control, IT knowledge management, Data Analysis, Data Integrity, IT Application Support, Read and codes for trouble shooting and investigating, incident & Problem management, system performance monitoring for service continuity, planning and support, and consulting activity designed to add value and improve organisation’s operations.
Provision of NAV Application Support:
- Monitor and optimise the performance of Ms Dynamics NAV applications by ensuring that it meets business expectations.
- Responsible for 2nd and 3rd line application support and continuous improvement of existing systems.
- Carry out Installation and configuration of NAV2013, 2013R2
- Provide Daily Application support for Microsoft Dynamics NAV code and application upgrade using Application Merge Utilities andalso Power Shell scripts.
- Develop standard application procedures and user manuals for NAV and other applications in production by ensuring operational documentation for relevant system software products is fit for purpose
- Implementation of Integrated Finance, Funds Management, Sales, Payroll and HR processes, (add-on) Modules.
- Manage NAV Client and Web.
Data Analysis and Report:
- Produce ad-hoc queries and develop reports to support business needs using a range of tools including SQL developer, SSRS, and SSIS.
- Use of a data analytics tools e.g. Oracle EDQ, and SSRS for analyzing gaps in the organization data
- Making recommendations to the management on areas where there is data gaps which drives compliance to KYC
- Generation of Regulatory & Management Report for all business units using MS SSRS
- Extract, combine, and/or compare data as needed to produce ad hoc or scheduled reports for decision support purposes when requested.
Service Desk Management:
- Act as a single point of contact for staff regarding NAV Application and other application related issues and queries
- Ensure that requests for support are properly logged, assigned and responded to in a timely manner and according to agreed standards and procedures.
- Management of technology systems and service providers in line with SLA
- Ensure users and other interested parties are kept informed of progress and that corrective action is taken to avoid or minimise delays.
- Receiving, managing requests from internal staff via telephone and email and Remedy
- Responsible for 2nd line support – troubleshooting of IT related problems from all Business applications
Patch & Release Management:
- Review and implement upgrades and fixes available from external applications.
- Assist in carrying out full impact analysis of new patch releases and recommend upgrade plans.
- Work with other members of the application support team to deliver changes to systems, including training and user documentation.
- Responsible for the management of Patches, Release Management and Changes to all existing and emerging system /software and upgrades.
Delivers on all Business Strategies:
- Keep up-to-date with industry best practices techniques by attending lectures, seminars, training courses and reading technical material as directed by Head of Unit.
- Ability to carry out duties in line with all relevant governance and policies.
- Occasional cover for the Applications Support Analysts and Service Desk Analyst
- Provide basic in-house training in SQL to team members and also give hands-on training for other applications
Internal & External Relationships
- Wealth Business
- Wealth IT SIBTC Bank IT
- Vendors , Third Parties (: Attain, CVI, Sakal GB, Availsys, PM Global, E&M Business Solutions (Remedy Vendor) & Regulators- PENCOM, SEC,NICON
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- First Degree Field of Study – Computer Science/Engineering
- ITIL Foundation, ITIL IT Operations, HDI, Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013, 2015, Training, MCP, MCITP, MCTS, ISO20000 certification.
- 5-7 Years experience in Application Development and Service Support with at least 5 years spent in the Financial Sector
- Proficieny in Service Level Management
- Service Management Processes
- Data Analysis
- Application Knowledge for Support
- Business Continuity Management
- Vendor Management
- Change Management
- Configuration Management
- Stakeholder Management
Application Closing Date
23rd November, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online