Senior Accountant Anambra at a Trading Conglomerate – Ojike & Partners
Ojike & Partners – Our client, a trading conglomerate that has been in existence for over 20 years with branches in Lagos and Onitsha. As a result of their continuous expansion they are looking to fIll the vacant position below with competent and vibrant individuals who will bring fresh ideas and insights:
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Job Code: GAAC001
Location: Onitsha, Anambra
- The Senior Accountant provides financial leadership and is instrumental in forming accounting strategies and will be responsible for the company’s financial reporting, such as its monthly, quarterly and annual accounts.
- The candidate will manage all of the company’s transactions, from accounts payable to receivable payroll, and from control accounts to general operational finance.
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, NR, AlP, GL and Counsel, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Analysing cost of goods in production process.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close processes
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Establish arid execute internal controls over the company’s accounting and financial procedures,
- In-depth financial analysis and providing expert financial perspective and opinions.
- Asses risk, analyse efficiency and inform policy decisions made by executive management.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Financial reporting experience
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Management experience
- Leadership skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Outstanding mathematical skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Research skills
- Analytical skills
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting,
- Professional Certification i.e. ACA, ACCA or CPA
- A minimum of 5-10 years’ working experience in a business or finance environment.
- Experience and br knowledge of the manufacturing industry is an added advantage.
- IFRS knowledge and exposure is an advantage
- Ability to use quick book accounting software is an added advantage
The Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Application Closing Date
23rd March, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit their CV’s and credentials to: email@example.com clearly stating the job code.
Note: All applications will be treated in confidence. Only eligible candidates will be contacted