Save the Children New Job Opportunity
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfill their potential. We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Worker/Nurse (Volunteer)
Locations: Ngamdu, Chingowa, Goniawanari, Gajiganna, Zabarmari, Gongolong, Dusumen, Usmanti, Kalleri, Dallori, Chabbol, Tunkush, Zarmari – Borno
- Health Worker/Nurses (Volunteer):
- Supporting individual children and families through provision of CMAM Services and increasing the community’s capacity to identify and respond to Issues regarding malnutrition.
- In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
- Ensure proper documentation of each beneficiary at the OTP sites and timely reporting
- Network and coordinate with the relevant sectors (communities, other INGOs, ministry of health, Community leaders etc.
- Carry out sensitizations on Key IYCF, OTP and Hygiene Messages
- Ensure all protocols in the OTP sites are followed according to standard
- Carry out other duties as assigned.
- Support individual children and families through provision of CMAM Services and increasing the community’s capacity to identify and respond to issues regarding malnutrition
- Ensure effective management of clinical and other ailments at OTP
- Supervise medicines and RUTF administration in OTPs
- Supervise Community Mobilizers/ Community Field Assistants
- Oversee community Screening/ IYCF/ Hygiene promotion activities
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of Diploma in Nursing, Nutrition, Health Sciences with experience in CMAM and IYCF
Experience and Skills
- Good understanding of Malnutrition and CMAM
- Computer knowledge is an added advantage.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be able to prioritize tasks.
- Able to work to tight deadlines and under pressure.
- Experience with community development, working with children and schools.
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to think critically and to recommend good solutions to problems.
- Strong Organizational skills.
- Ability to conduct outreach at the community level.
- Ability to communicate in English, Kanuri and Hausa
- The contract is based on a “need for work” basis and remuneration will be paid based on the tasks carried out.
- The volunteer may not work or be reimbursed for days beyond the maximum approved work days without prior written approval from SCI management.
- In no case shall the enumerator be reimbursed for more than eight (8) hours during an approved work day and may not be paid for work on Saturdays and Sundays unless agreed in advance.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 14th September, 2018.
- Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as it is contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
- Due to the volume of applications received, Save the Children may not provide feedback to all applicants. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as applications will be reviewed as received. Save the Children reserves the right to change the closing date, if considered necessary.