Save the Children Nigeria recruitment for an Administrative Officer
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities. In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters. Each year, we and our partners reach millions of children in communities around the world. Join our dedicated and diverse staff in their work to improve the well-being of children everywhere.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Administrative Officer
Location: Borno, Nigeria
- To support in developing, manage and co-ordinate the overall functioning of administrative support systems for the Borno, service providers and country office led events.
- This includes office management, facilities management, development and maintenance of policies and procedures, travel, and staff management.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Management of Office facilities and travel for the Borno Office
- Ensure the Borno Office is well equipped, has sufficient levels of supplies (consumables, stationery, equipment) etc, is fully functioning and fit for purpose to enable all staff to operate with maximum efficiency
- Oversee the maintenance of Borno office premises and guest houses, furniture, fittings and all equipment in a fully functioning state.
- Manage and supervise the Administrative Assistants
- Ensure compliance with Save the Children Quality Standards, Global Policies and Guidelines
- Manage and oversee all day to day office management issues to ensure smooth running SC office
- Oversee the equipment and inventory in accordance with SC Global Policies and Guidelines. This includes safety/security and maintenance of equipment;
- Responsible for ensuring the Borno office has adequate supply of stationery, consumables etc and ensure its effective use
- Liaise with other departments on tender processes for contractors for support services including travel, hotel, etc
- Develop, manage, and oversee effective relationships with service providers suppliers, landlords, etc, ensuring transparency and value for money
- Develop and manage plans for office seating to ensure that all staff are suitably accommodated
- Ensure that meetings/workshop services provided to SC is efficient and effective
- Ensure effective reception management and that there is always appropriate cover and a professional service is provided at all times to staff and visitors
- Ensure premises are fit for purpose and suitably equipped and a tidy and professional appearance is maintained
- Liaise with landlords on all SC rented properties
- Oversee the overall maintenance of the residence/office premises, facilities assets and equipment (physical work environment) and ensure that these are secure and efficiently utilized.
- Maintain general office equipment track; regularly evaluate equipment
- Ensure full Health and Safety induction of new staff
- Carry out a monthly maintenance and Health and Safety check, and arrange, as required for any work to be carried out
Travel, Logistics & Events:
- Oversee the management for all travel, business visas, and accommodation for visitors, consultants, and staff on official Save the Children business.
- Ensure that travel is on schedule and cost effective and that visits to Country Programmes occur with a minimum of disruption and downtime.
- Ensure that meetings and conferences are effectively managed in Borno office ensuring value for money and transparency in all the processes.
Staff Management, Mentorship, and Development:
- Ensure appropriate staffing within Administration department
- Supervise and manage Administration team; define expectations, and technical support as needed, and evaluate direct reports regularly
- Coaching, mentoring and other developmental opportunities;
- Recognition and rewards for outstanding performance;
- Documentation of performance that is less than satisfactory, with appropriate performance improvements/ workplans
- Manage the performance of all staff in the Administration Unit to ensure staff optimise their potential in pursuit of Save the Children’s objectives through:
- Effective use of the Performance Management System including the establishment of clear, measureable objectives, ongoing feedback, periodic reviews and fair and unbiased evaluations;
- The post holder may carry out other duties in addition to or instead of those outlined above which may reasonably be required from time to time as requested by line manager or Country Director or his/her designate.
Skills and Experience
- A University Degree in Business Administration, or equivalent in relevant field
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in an administration role in a corporate or an NGO environment
- Experience of negotiating service contracts and ensuring value for money.
- Excellent communication skills in order to deal tactfully and sensitively with a wide range of people.
- Excellent organisational skills and a track record of consistently prioritising delivering on time.
- A high level of computer literacy.
- Good judgement, initiative and problem solving ability
- Commitment to Save the Children’s mission and values
- Proven ability to provide high level support to management teams.
- Ability to plan and organise a substantial workload that including complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
- Experience of managing and developing teams
- Experience of setting up and maintaining management information systems and office systems.
- Experience in working in a diverse international team
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply