Retail Operations Manager at Platinum Careers
We are a Human resource consulting company with head office in Ikoyi, Lagos. Platinum Careers is a Uniquely African and proudly Nigerian Company offering support and services in the area of Human resource solutions with service offerings which include world class personnel outsourcing, recruitment, head hunting, training and development.
Platinum Careers is Africa’s leading provider of talent acquisition and management services. We deliver to clients globally, our aim is simple – to help our clients attract, engage and retain top talent.
Retail Operations Manager
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 7 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Sales / Marketing / Business Development
The Retail Operations Manager is responsible for understanding, implementing and enforcing the retail process in the stores/supermarkets. The position must deliver consistent leadership that will ensure the quality of our product. The retail process includes planning, scheduling and overseeing all aspects of retail merchandising in the manager’s assigned territories.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor and manage operating costs by defined geography to maximize contribution.
- Maximize geography contribution by having the right people, in the right place, following the process.
- Develops and maintains a strong working relationship with field support, recruiting, and client services.
- To be the retail market expert for all retailers within your defined geography.
- Builds and maintains a positive working relationship with management, clients, and customers.
- Effectively communicates in a timely manner with all store associates, clients and customers.
- Leads and develops the planning & organizing of retail meetings.
- Prepares and submits to management all required paperwork on a timely basis.
- Inspects company equipment on a regular basis to ensure proper maintenance.
- Recruits, interviews and hires for supervisory positions.
- Ensure quality by training and developing Retail Supervisors on company process, policies, procedures and position responsibilities.
NOTE: This job description does not imply that the above functions are the only tasks that may be performed. Associates will be expected, if possible, to follow any other job-related instructions and perform any other job-related tasks as directed by management.
Qualifications and Requirements
At least 7 years’ experience in a retail operations role. Preferably from a big retail stores and supermarkets
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a university
- Computer Skills: Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Work environment: Office and field environment with extensive travel required within your defined geography.
Language Skills: English is the primary language skill, however, bilingual skills may be required based on business necessity.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Platinum Careers career website on recruit.zohopublic.com to apply