Research Associate at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 5 years
- Location Oyo
- Job Field Medical / Health
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
- Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Participate in the coordination of the A4NH research program in Nigeria;
- Ensure with stakeholders engagement and research implementation for the A4NH research program in Nigeria;
- Conduct literature review, preparing presentation and the materials needed;
- Support activities related to communication and knowledge mobilization (media engagement, stakeholders consultation, writing blogs, preparation of research and policy briefs);
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
- Master’s in Public Health, Nutrition, Development Studies, Agricultural Economics or related field with minimum of Five (5) years’ experience performing similar role in a structured organization.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Experience using statistical software packages (STATA);
- Excellent spoken and written communication skill.
- Ability to work independently and pay close to attention to details.
- Good interpersonal skills, high energy and ability to multitask.
- Ability to travel locally or internationally.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application
Applicants should complete the online application attaching their Cover Letter with detailed Curriculum Vitae saved in a single file in Microsoft word format, the application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click here for more information (PDF)
Interested and qualified? Go to IITA – International Institute of Tropical Agriculture career website on jobs.iita.org to apply