Registrar at the University of Ilorin
University of Ilorin – In accordance with the provisions of the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act No. Ii of 1993, as amended by Act No, 25 of 1996 and the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions (Amendment) Act 2012, the Council has decided to begin the process of appointing a new Registrar.
The Council of the University of Ilorin hereby announces that the post of Registrar of the University will become vacant with effect from 28” April, 2018.
Consequently, applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Registrar
Location: Ilorin, Kwara
The Position and Duties
- The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the University and shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day general administrative work of the University.
- The Registrar shall also be the Secretary to the Council, the Senate, Convocation and Congregation of the University and shall perform any other duties that may be assigned to him/her.
- The applicant must possess a good honours Degree from a recognized University and at least twelve (12) years post-qualification experience in management, most of which, preferably in University Administration. Some formal training in the management of higher education will be an advantage;
- The applicant should also be of good health, sound judgment, pleasant disposition, unassailable integrity and competent in the use of ICT for management services;
- The applicant should have been at a level of Deputy Registrar in a University for a minimum of five (5) years; and
- The applicant must not be older than 60 years at the date of appointment.
Tenure and Conditions of Services
- The appointment is for a single term of five (5) years only while salary and other conditions of service shall be as approved for Registrars of Federal Universities by the Federal Government of Nigeria and the Governing Council of the University of Ilorin.
Application Closing Date
24th January, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a set of their credentials and thirty-five (35) typewritten copies of their applications, giving the following information in the order listed below:
- Full Names:
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth:
- State of Origin/LGA:
- Permanent Home Address:
- Current Postal Address:
- E-mail Address and Phone Number:
- Marital Status:
- Number of Children (with Names and Ages):
- Institutions Attended (with dates):
- Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- Honours, Distinctions and Membership of Professional Bodies (With Dates):
- Working Experience with Evidence (General and Specific Experience with dates):
- Present Employment, Status, Salary and Employer:
- Extra-Curricular Activities:
- Any other relevant information, and
- Names and Addresses of Three Referees (two of whom must be Professionals or authorities in University administration, and one of which must be from the applicant’s current place of work):
Applications are to be forwarded to:
University of Ilorin,
- Applicants should also request each of their referees to send his/her referee’s report, under confidential cover, direct to the Vice-Chancellor, marked “Referee’s Report for the post of Registrar”.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for interview.