Registrar at Lagos State Polytechnic Laspotech
Lagos State Polytechnic (LASPOTECH) was established in 1978 by the Lagos State Edict No. 1 of 1978 with retroactive effect from June 1, 1977 which gave the College its legal existence. (It was previously known as the Lagos State College of Science and Technology (LACOSTECH). The Polytechnic with administrative headquarters at Ikorodu is established forthe training of middle-and high-level technical manpower for the Nigerian economy.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the post below:
Job Title: Registrar
- The Registrar is a Principal Officer, Head of the Registry of the Polytechnic, Secretary to the Governing Council, Academic Board, Senior Staff Appointments and Promotions Committee of the Governing Council, Congregation of the Polytechnic, other sub-committees of the Governing Council.
- He/She is the Chairman of the Junior Staff Appointment and Promotions Committee.
- The Registrar is responsible to the Rector for the day-to-day Administration of the Polytechnic.
- Candidate must have good First Degree in relevant field with NYSC discharge certificate and a relevant Master’s Degree or Doctorate Degree obtained from a recognized Institution.
- Possession of relevant Professional Qualifications is essential.
- Candidate must not be below the rank of a Deputy Registrar; must be proficient in Information Communication Technology and must have a minimum of (15) fifteen years cognate post graduate and professional experience in a Tertiary Institution or other related establishments.
- Please note that this office is tenured for a single period of five(5) years only.
The Registrar’s basic salary is in line with the Tertiary Institutions structure of CONTENDISS 15 including other benefits and allowances that may be approved by the Governing Council of the Institution.
Application Closing Date
4th January, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are to submit twenty (20) copies each of his/her typewritten applications each with photocopies of credentials and Curriculum Vitae giving the details in the following order:
- Post Desired
- Full Name, with Surname underlined
- Date and Place of Birth
- Nationality and how acquired
- State of Origin/Local Government
- Permanent Address
- Current Postal Address
- E mail Address
- Marital Status, Number and Ages of Children
- Educational Institution(s) attended with dates
- Qualifications(Academic and Professional)
- Previous Employer(s), Post(s) held with dates indicating duties
- Present Employer
- Post and Salary (evidence of salary will be demanded at the interview)
- Publication(s) (if any)
- References from (i) Present Employer (ii) Educational Institution Previously attended (iii) Relation.
- Normal Signature
All applications are to be forwarded in a fully sealed envelope to the:
Office of the Registrar,
Lagos State Polytechnic,
- Applicant must be ready to support every claim with documentary evidence, where applicable and bring the originals of all the credentials to the interview for verification.
- Applicant is also required to request Referees to forward direct to the Registrar, confidential reports on his/her behalf on or before the closing date stated above