Registrar at Ebonyi State University
As a result of the above, the University hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Registrar
Location: Abakaliki, Ebonyi
- The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the University and is responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the day to day administrative work of the University.
- The Registrar is also the Secretary to Council, Senate, Congregation and Convocation.
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidates must possess a good University Honours Degree preferably in Humanities or related disciplines.
- He/She must be a Deputy Registrar or must have held equivalent position in related Institution other than a University or has held/acted as a Registrar for at least a period of six months.
- Possession of a higher Degree and membership of recognised Professional body is an added advantage. Specifically, the candidate is expected to:
- Be a person with good leadership qualities who can inspire and motivate a crop of young administrative Officers to be able to get the best out of them.
- Be a person of high integrity, moral standards and upright.
- Enjoy excellent physical/mental health and present medical certificate of fitness during the interview.
- Be focused and innovative.
- Be computer literate.
Conditions of Service
- The successful applicant will be placed on consolidated salary for Registrars and will equally enjoy all the allowances normally attached to the position of Principal Officers in Nigerian Universities and other benefits/entitlements as approved by the Governing Council from time to time.
Application Closing Date
11th December, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward fifteen (15) copies of their applications which should include the following below:
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Photocopies of all credentials
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees
- A two page Statement of the applicant’s vision and mission for the University Registry.
Applications are to be forwarded to:
Ebonyi State University,
P. M. B. 053,
- Applicants are requested to inform their referees to send their confidential reports on them directly to the Registrar.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.