Recruitment At Plan international
Plan international is an independent child-centered international development organization committed to advancing the rights of children and fight against poverty. Plan International has no religious, political and government affiliation. For over 78 years. we have supported girls and boys and their communities around the world to gain the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to claim their rights, free themselves from poverty and live positive fulfilling lives. Plan currently works in 70 countries including Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Education Project Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Duration of Contract: 22 Months
- The purpose of this role is to support an Education in Emergencies project funded by DFID in line with international best practices and relevant guidelines.
- The post holder supports the Project Coordinator to implement the DFID funded EiE project and also document lessons learnt, support assessments and monitoring and evaluation. The post holder will also contribute towards the capacity building of Plan Internationals implementing partners.
In collaboration with the Field Team and Education and Livelihoods Specialist, the EiE Officer will:
- Support the Project Coordinator, Project Manager and the EIE Specialist in designing project and implementation plans
- Highlight education issues requiring a response – both immediate (less than 2 months) and medium term and make recommendations on specific PLAN actions required. Ensure core commitments to children are taken into consideration.
- Ensure key data from assessments could be used as a baseline for program evaluation. If additional baseline data is required to evaluate children’s learning outcomes, then work with appropriate colleagues to collect this additional information.
- Will be responsible for formation strengthening and training of community structures(SBMCs)
- He/ She will be responsible for school supervision, and data collection.
- Will facilitate teacher training and or organize and facilitate teacher trainings.
- Will play a key role at mobilization and engagement of the community and stake holders in the implementation and monitoring of the project.
- Support in designing appropriate education interventions for new projects where necessary and based on the outcomes of assessments and the context. Inclusion of quality issues in education and learning outcomes is really important.
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree or equivalent in Education, Social Science, Social Work, Psychology, or related fields
- Minimum of 3 years relevant working experience Education in EmergenciesExperience working in emergency settings
- Good knowledge and understanding of DO NO HARM principles and established international child protection standards (especially UNCRC)
- Experience with participatory approaches to education, emergency preparedness, crisis/emergency relief management, or other related area.
- Experience working with IDPs, refugees and other vulnerable populations (ideal)
- Previous experience directly providing services to children at risk and victims of abuse, exploitation and violence
Job Title: Finance & Grants Officer – Humanitarian
Req id: 23361
- The purpose of this role is to provide timely, accurate financial information and ensure that Grants expenditures are in line with specific FAD/donor requirements.
- The role’s support is to the Humanitarian and Lake Chad Programs.
- The post holder will contribute towards grant and financial management of the office and programmes, interfacing with both operational and programme team members.
- The post holder will also contribute towards the organisational development of Plan Internationals implementing partners.
- Monitor budgets including but not limited to all the Humanitarian Projects.
- Support financial reporting on all grants including that of the Lake Chad Program.
Area of Responsibility:
- Country program but with support functions to Adamawa and Borno states and the Lake Chad Program.
- Assist with the grants set-up in SAP.
- Support the Finance & Grants Manager – Humanitarian and project managers to prepare the annual grants budgets for all humanitarian projects and the Lake Chad program.
- Support the KP06 budget preparation and periodic upload in SAP.
- Support the full cycle of grants management activities beginning from pre-award assessments, monitoring/compliance visits and close-out procedures.
- Track grantee contractual obligations, e.g., pre-award conditions
Capacity Building and Support:
- Provide technical assistance in terms of accounting (use of SAP), financial management, financial policy formulation, and systems of internal control to all partners/grantees to ensure compliance in terms with donor rules and regulations.
- Support the assessments of partner/grantee organizations as directed by the Finance & Grants Manager-Humanitarian/Country Finance Manager.
- Review partner budget and provide assistance and guidance where necessary including the monitoring and interpretation of project budgets versus actual expenditures.
- Support train staff and partners on donor policies, rules and regulations.
- Facilitate timely partner advance request and liquidation in SAP.
- Review Partners/grantee liquidation and recommend for approval.
- Conduct and document regular partner visits to ensure compliance with grant agreement.
- Ensure receipt of timely and accurate accounting and financial reports from partners.
- Monitor the partner burn rate and offer timely advice to the partner and programs team for prompt action and decision-making.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply