Recruitment At Michael Otedola College of Primary Education
Michael Otedola College of Primary Education – Established twenty-three years ago by the Lagos State Government, Michael Otedola College of Primary Education specializes in the production of qualified Primary School Teachers, the first and only such institution of higher learning in Nigeria. Its passion for professional excellence is adequately reflected in its six Schools.
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience5 years
- Job FieldAdministration / Secretarial Education / Teaching
Location: Epe, Lagos
- The Provost is primarily the Chief Academic, Administrative and Accounting Officer of the College. He has statutory power to exercise general authority over the staff and has responsibility for the discipline in the College. He has the general responsibility for matters relating to the day-to-day administration of the College, subject to the policy control of the Governing Council.
- As the Accounting Officer of the College, the Provost is responsible for authorizing all payments in accordance with Government Financial Regulations and Governing Council decisions within this framework.
- The Provost shall foster good rapport with the relevant organs and agencies of Government including the Lagos State Ministry of Education, the National Commission for Colleges of Education (NCCE) and other professional and statutory bodies that could lead to further development of the College while continuing to sustain the College’s age-old enviable status as the Centre of Excellence.
- A doctorate degree in any of the disciplines in the College (i.e. Education, Humanities, Vocational, Primary Education or Pure and Applied Sciences) with at least twelve years of graduate professional and administrative experience, at least five (5) of which must have been gained in an institution of comparative status;
- Candidates whose degree are not in the field of Education are expected to possess a Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE), in addition to (i) above.
- Candidates must have demonstrable evidence of proficiency in I CT.
- Registration with a recognized professional body (e.g. Teachers
- Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN) is essential;
- Candidates must show evidence of scholarly publication in reputable journals and books;
- The highest academic position in the College attracts CONTENDISS 15. Anyone earning less than CONTENDISS 15 need not apply.
The candidates being sought must:
- Possess the disposition and ability to sustain harmony between Management, staff and students on the one hand and between the College and the relevant stakeholders especially the host communities on the other;
- Be a proven, experienced and disciplined manager of human and material resources;
- Possess initiative, vision and maturity necessary for sustaining the accelerated pace of development of the/College even under financial and other constraints;
- Be someone who appreciates and encourages hardwork and merit;
- Have a good track record of good leadership qualities, drive, innovation and achievements; and
- Show demonstrative ability to offer academic/administrative leadership and the competence for effective discharge of the responsibilities/duties of the high office of Provost.
Tenure of Appointment
The appointment of the Provost is for a non-renewable term of five (5) years only. Other conditions of service are contained in the College Conditions of Service for Senior Staff as may be made/renewed from time to time.
Conditions of Service
The conditions of service for the post of Provost is essentially the same as in other Colleges of Education and other institutions of comparative standing in Nigeria. They include fully furnished accommodation, medical treatment for self, spouse and four children, and other allowances.
Method of Application
Applicants should submit twenty (20) copies each of their letters of application, Curriculum Vitae and credentials. The curriculum vitae should be presented in the order listed hereunder:
- Full Names of Applicant with Surname in CAPITAL LETTERS
- Present Employment, Status and Salary
- Position Desired
- Marital Status
- Number, Names and Ages of Children
- Name of Spouse
- Date and Place of Birth
- State of Origin
- Local Government Area
- Current Postal/Contact Address
- Permanent Home Address ‘
- E-mail Address
- Telephone Number(s)
- Names of Educational Institutions Attended with Dates
- Academic/Professional Qualification with Dates
- Academic/Professional Honours and Distinctions!
- Commendations with Dates
- Working Experience (in chronological sequence) with Dates
- Research and Publications
- Extra-Curricula Activities
- Date of Availability for Appointment
- Any Other Relevant Information
- Names and Addresses of Three (3) Referees, at least two of
- whom must be able to write on the academic and professional
- achievements of the applicant.
- Normal Signature
Each candidate must attach to the application, his/her Vision and Mission for the College in not more than 1,000 words. Envelopes containing applications clearly marked “Provost” at left hand bottom corner should be sent and addressed to:
Michael Otedola College of Primary Education,
- All applicants must ensure that their referees forward confidential reports on their applications directly to the Registrar, to reach him on or before the closing date above.
- Only shortlisted applicants would be contacted for interview.