Recruitment For Operations Readiness/Commissioning and Start-up Manager at Shell Petroleum Development Company, 13th March, 2019
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Readiness/Commissioning and Start-up Manager
Ref Id: 103283BR
Skillpool: Project Engineering
Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensure timely delivery of the required suite of Operations and Commissioning and Start-up deliverables for a large and complex deepwater project to meet the overall project schedule.
- Accountable for the provision of Operations and Commissioning input and planning during the Define Phase to ensure Commissioning works are front-end loaded in accordance with project HSE, technical standards, quality standards and procedures as defined in Contract and Project Specification documents.
- Define the Asset Owner Readiness requirements, deliverables and handshake points to ensure the project progress is unencumbered.
- Manage & maintain focus on operability & maintainability issues throughout all aspects of the project design & execution planning.
- Manage the delivery of a full Operations Management System for the Asset including all required operational documentation & Operating procedures.
- Manage the delivery of all required operational support contracts to support the Asset in the Operate phase.
- Single point accountable for Define Phase and Execute phase OR/CSU scope for the project in accordance and compliance with Company Opportunity realisation process, Company Integrated Project Management System and Project Controls & Assurance Plan requirements.
- Manage the Operational input to all project delivery streams including FPSO, Subsea systems, Wells, Subsurface, etc.
- Liaise closely with the Project Manager to manage the interfaces, ensure alignment and share lessons learned and best practices with respect to Commissioning and Start-up
- Ensure that Contractor documents including; Plans, Manuals, Method Statements are reviewed and commented by competent members of the OR/CSU team.
- Ensure CSU Execute phase readiness deliverables (WEFS, CSU schedule, CSU organisation and ramp-up plan, CSU cost, CSU Plan, etc) are developed taking input from selected EPC proposals to ensure flawless delivery of the project.
- Work in close collaboration with the Contractor Commissioning and Start-up Team to ensure commissioning and start-up activities are planned and scheduled in line with the project standards and procedures. This includes establishing Flawless Start-up strategy and implementation of the program as per project requirements and the development of required documentation such as Statement of Fitness.
- Manage the acceptance & handover from Project to Asset ensuring a structured plan is developed & implemented based on best practices.
- Ensure the achievement of the project Nigerian Content Development objectives.
- Manage the HSSE performance of contractors during execution to ensure HSSE targets are met or exceeded – make HSSE a priority. Deliver goal zero HSE performance, maintaining HSE and Quality standards.
- Provide authentic and visible leadership in the areas of HSSE, diversity, coaching, interpersonal and technical skills development, and cost leadership.
Qualifications & Experience
- The OR/CSU Manager shall have minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent with at least 15years experience in upstream production with significant experience leading OR/CSU delivery on major projects, with emphasis on offshore & subsea systems preferably in deepwater environment.
He/She shall have the following:
- Visibly demonstrates personal and company HSE commitment.
- Demonstrated capability to proactively implement plans and follow through with sustained execution, meeting project milestones.
- Values and is open to listening to stakeholder perspectives, including experience managing multiple stakeholders and host government agencies.
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure while providing clear and decisive leadership
- Strong interpersonal skills – able to influence and develop relationships across disciplines and multiple cultures, be comfortable coaching and motivating others, and delivering through others.
- Familiar with project development challenges in Nigeria or in other regions with similar challenges.
- Significant experience managing the delivery of all areas of OR/CSU including CSU, MRTA, PTA Handover, SURF, Marine, Detailed Design, AOR, etc.
- Broad knowledge of deepwater field development including design, fabrication, installation, pre-commissioning and commissioning and should have played a lead role (preferably in Commissioning and Startup) in the delivery of at least one major deepwater project involving a Host system and subsea infrastructure.
- Good understanding of project procedures and requirements, construction build and testing requirements, plant inspection and turnover experience, commissioning and start-up procedures.
- Strong leadership & management skills demonstrated in both cross functional roles & multi-cultural environments with exceptional abilities in integration across multi-discipline and organisational work groups.
- Business focused, able to prioritise to maximize opportunities with no compromise on HSE.
- Deep understanding of all aspects of delivering Operational Excellence in a large offshore asset.
- Good grounding in all aspects of the Exploration & Production (EP) business including subsurface, wells, projects & non-technical functions.
- Awareness of key customer (Operations/Asset) and stakeholder needs and business drivers, including economic, political, environmental, and social issues.
- Ability to deal with uncertainty and multiple, often conflicting, goals and priorities. Contribute to clear and decisive leadership in an environment of many competing priorities and diverse activities and issues.
- Good co-ordination and communications ability.
- Ability to work within and interface with mixed teams of professionals located globally.
- Team player, self-motivated, with coaching skills, persistence, and with ability to think outside- the-box.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Interested applicants should not apply for more than one of the roles advertised in the website. Submitting more than one application will lead to automatic disqualification of all the applicant’s applications.
- We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
- Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
- The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
- Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Application Deadline 22nd March, 2019.