Recent Job Vacancies at Nigerdock
Nigerdock, a member of Jagal Energy, is the leading indigenous Nigerian Energy services company with diverse but related capabilities in complex Oil and Gas project delivery during both the greenfield and brownfield stages of an asset lifecycle.
The range of services offered include full Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC), or stand alone engineering, procurement management, onshore and offshore fabrication, brown field modifications, fabric maintenance, asset maintenance management, ship building and repair, marine services, logistics and the associated base support services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Tender Buyer
- Source competitive pricing for goods, materials, components or services in line with specified cost, quality and tender targets
- Ensure timeous soliciting of pricing and communicate any problems which may pose a risk or impact on the tendering process
- Develop and maintain Procurement and subcontract plans for bids as required
- Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers/vendors
- Research and evaluate areas of opportunity and reduce costs where possible
- Deliver briefs, updates and reports as and when required
- Develop creative and innovative procurement benchmarking processes
- Develop ideas and strategies to improve the tender process, add value, and measures that can contribute to eventual business acquisition.
- Negotiate contracts/proposals/quotations, improved prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilizing negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
- Ensure that a professional, consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships and ensure good communications at all times
- Ensure compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies and procedures.
- Explore alternate sources for goods, materials and services and consider Nigerian Content Development (NCD) guidelines where applicable
- Undertake continuous research on and evaluate existing and new suppliers for the vendor data base
- Maintain a data base of all relevant pricing and ensure this is updated regularly for use on current and future tenders
- Work collaboratively and negotiate and engage with stakeholders and suppliers regarding new project tendering
- Stay current and up to date on any changes that may affect the supply and demand of needed products and materials and advise stakeholders of any impact pre and post tender
- Attend meetings and update all stakeholders on issues or concerns, in particular when there is a risk which could prevent the company from meeting tender demands.
- Support product/material or service change requests and review and communicate the impact on pre and post tenders
- Mentor and coach if applicable any subordinate to enhance their career and professional development for the betterment of the company.
- Relevant Commercial and or Business Degree (a Degree Social Sciences or Supply Chain Management and is qualified with Supply Chain qualification (Purchasing))
- 5 years or more proven tender purchasing experience, preferably within an oil and gas/ marine projects background
- Membership to the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) would be advantageous
- Previous tender software and ERP (Oracle) experience
- Advanced User experience in MS Excel.
Interested and qualified candidates should:Click here to apply
Job Title: Business Controller (Head of Finance)
- To lead team of 20 people spanning the areas of finance and procurement for Nigerdock FZE (ND).
- Form a close working relationship with the CEO/Managing Director, Finance Director and Senior Managers providing the strategic guidance required to support current activities and future growth.
- Ensure integrity of numbers and reporting at all times
- Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers
- Act as the lead Finance Business Partner to the commercial, project and operations teams.
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties including customers, vendors, advisors and external auditors
- Ensure strict and efficient control over the cash management and treasury functions
- Ensure statutory and internal reporting are in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations, and are fully compliant with all Nigerdock and Jagal policies and procedures
- Implement and manage robust controls and documented processes to ensure effective governance and the integrity of financial information
- Deliver timely, high quality and insightful financial analysis and planning reporting – Multi year plans, Quarterly forecasts and budgets
- Continually initiate and drive process improvements within the finance, and procurement
- To participate fully in the general management of the Company
- To actively support a culture that places safety and the environment as top priorities at all levels of the Company
- To provide leadership and direction to the Finance and procurement
- To advise on the introduction, updating and renewal of financial systems and oversee the implementation any duly approved investment in systems
- To actively develop the Company’s ERP systems
- Oversee and lead external and internal audits
- Ensure that:
- Appropriate financial records are kept
- All statutory accounts are submitted accurately and on time
- Management accounts are highly relevant and prepared on time
- The annual accounts are appropriately audited
- Lead and drive all company-wide forecasts, annual budgets and cash flow forecasts
- Ensure debtors are effectively managed and payments are received on time
- Participate fully in all commercial bids for large, complex multi-year contacts ensuring:
- Up to date and accurate cost information is available
- All key project risks are identified and accounted for accordingly
- Challenge underlying assumptions where appropriate
- Validate the accuracy of final bid pricing submitted to clients
- Lead financial reporting and management of projects ensuring:
- Timely and accurate reporting of project results against the original bid and baseline budgets
- Provide clear insights into variances to budget and communicate to project teams
- Ensure project financial risks and cost overruns are identified early to enable the implementation of appropriate mitigating actions
- Project management teams have all required information and clear visibility of project costs to drive operational decisions
- Validate the accuracy of project forecasts by clearly understanding and challenging all underlying assumptions
- Ensure that company-wide financial risks are identified and mitigation strategies developed
- Ensure optimum staffing levels and organizational structures are in place within the Finance, and procurement functions
- Lead staff development and succession planning for these departments
- Actively recruit, mentor and develop local employees to grow Nigerian staff capability and future leadership potential
- A University Graduate or equivalent
- Internationally recognized accounting qualification (CA, CPA, ACCA, CMA)
- Minimum 10 years of experience in increasing roles of responsibility and within large and leading organizations
- Experience of large projects and EPIC would be advantageous
- Preferably experience of working in or dealing with business in Africa or other emerging markets
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High level of integrity and ethical behaviour – sets a good example
- Proven record of leading and developing subordinates
- Strong ability to prioritize, multi-task and delegate
- Culturally aware and adept at operating in a multi-cultural environment
- Highly IT literate with strong experience in ERP systems
- Advance MS Excel financial planning and modelling skills
- Solid team player with high energy and go get attitude to deliver results
- High degree of resilience.
Interested and qualified candidates should:Click here to apply