Quality Assurance And Quality Control Associate at ARM Life
ARM Life is the Insurance subsidiary of Asset & Resource Management Company Ltd (ARM). Its parent company, ARM is one of the largest non-bank financial services firms in Nigeria with a focus on asset management. Established in 1994, ARM started operations as a traditional asset management company specializing in the management of quoted equities and fixed income securities.
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 5 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Engineering / Technical
Ensures that the quality of all site installations is consistent with the company’s quality requirements as well as national and international standards and specifications, meeting customers’ satisfaction. Key interactions: Agents and Representatives of Governmental agencies, Contractors, Senior Design Associate, Senior Procurement and Contracting Associate, Project Associates, Construction Associates.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement the QA/QC management system at site
- Coordinate with quality inspections with all the site sub contractors and vendors coordinate all non destructive testing on site.
- Coordinate with the customers representative on all quality matters
- Coordinate all receipt inspections
- Distribute relevant QA/QC documentation to site subcontractors
- Verify that the quality related site activities are in accordance with the applicable codes and standards
- Participate in the site internal and external site audits
- Coordinate all the quality site inspections through the site QC inspectors
- Ensure all quality control documentation is complied with and completed for as-built hand over.
- Control all non-conformance reports and undertake remedial action
- Compete site quality control instructions and action remedial responses
- Review the customers specification and undertake relevant training to Contractors or Subcontractors QC personnel.
- Monitor the implementation of the approved site QC Plan
- Complete and coordinate the approval of the sites QC technical submittals to the customer
- Coordinate with the site construction manager on all quality issues, Coordinate and chair the QA/QC site weekly meetings with the projects subcontractors QC personnel
- Elaborating inspection and test programs
- Ensure that safety is strictly adhered to on site
- Assure all technical documents relative to site quality control are current status
Technical / Other responsibilities:
- Ensures the quality records, acceptance certificates, mechanical completion certificates and the documentation for specific systems and buildings/areas are prepared and collated in accordance with project requirements
- Coordinate with the planning and scheduling department to ensure QA/QC milestone dates are understood.
- Resolve any discrepancies between the completed milestone and quality documentation
- Review suppliers inspection and test plans against the milestone scope of work
- Coordinate with the commissioning team to define the scope of work
- Assist the site subcontractors to compile QA/QC turnover dossiers
- Provide QA/QC progress information for incorporation into project reports.
- Consider the implications of delays in QC as-built turnover documentation and bring to the attention of the site Project manager
- Monitor and control the status of punch list and exception lists relevant to quality dossiers
- Coordinate any inconsistencies with test packages with the contractor or subcontractor field QC site inspectors.
- Responsible for completion and handover for operation
- Test-run each item before use, perform acceptance and hand over to end user;
- Prepare equipment portfolio and user manual; co-ordinate with supplying contractors to organize operation training for the management and operation teams (if required)
- Progress Reports (Weekly, Monthly)
- Contractor QA/QC performance evaluation Reports
- Equipment portfolio and user manual
- HSE administration and report
- Store and material Receipt Quality Management reports
- Time on Field/Technical -95%
- Violations to construction quality-a.) No. of quality Non Conformance Reports issued by the design team b) No. of issues raised by operations/sales team during the handover process (35%)
- Violations to safety- No. of safety incidents which occurred on site during the year including a) near misses b) accidents c) fatal accidents. (20%)
- Timeliness of reports-% submitted after set deadline (20%)
- Quality of report-% reports that conform to the pre-assigned template (10%)
- Co-ordinate relevant departments- Measured by an annual survey administered to the various team the employee regularly works with (5%)
- Feedback – The annual average rating from 360-degree surveys launched (10%)
- Sounds understanding and interpretation of drawings. Quality control inspectors must understand blueprints, technical documents, and manuals which help ensure that products and parts meet quality standards.
- Quality control inspectors must be able to use specialized tools and machinery when testing products.
- Knowledge of basic math and computer skills are important because measuring, calibrating, and calculating specifications are major parts of quality control testing.
- Because workers sometimes lift heavy objects, inspectors should be in good physical condition.
- Knowledge of key processes and phases in construction (Structure, M&E, Finishing)
- Proficient in creating and understanding a planning schedule and work break down structure
- Very detailed knowledge of material, equipment, logistics, storage and security
- Ability to make quick and tough decisions
- Good communication skills
- Strong ability to motivate, influence, negotiate and manage contractors
- People management skills, to be able to instruct staff, deal with difficult staffing situations and maintain a productive, happy but disciplined working environment
- Pro-active good at planning ahead as far as possible as the project progresses, checking back to plans/programmes regularly
- Strong sense of achievement; able to drive projects forward, expects good standards of work, tenacious, and able to overcome barriers/ solve problems.
- Organized, good at time management and prioritization of work
- Good eye for detail, e.g. for seeing small points in drawings, checking work quality
- Reliable, punctual and responsible
Experience and Education
- A good Engineering Degree or HND from reputable institution plus Relevant professional QHSE Qualification.
- 5+ years’ experience in Quality Control and Assurance Management with a real-estate company
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to ARM Life Plc career website on armcareers.com to apply