Provost at the Federal College of Education, Eha-Amufu
The Governing Council of the Federal College of Education, Eha-Amufu, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification PhD/Fellowship
- Experience 15 years
- Location Enugu
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial Education / Teaching
Advert Ref: FCEE/CR/59/2017/286
- The Provost is the Chief Executive of the College and has the statutory responsibility for matters relating to the day-to-day management of the College.
- He/She provides academic, administrative and professional leadership in executing the broad policies laid down by the Governing Council for the advancement of the objectives of the College.
- He/She is a member of the Governing Council of the College, and charged with the provision of periodic reports on the progress of the College in terms of personnel, finances and infrastructure, and ensuring that the directives of the Council are carried out promptly.
- He/She shall foster good working relationships with the relevant organs of Government such as Federal Ministry of Education, National Commission for Colleges of Education (NCCE) and professional bodies that could lead to attaimng the status of a Centre of Excellence.
- Candidates for the post must possess a Doctorate degree from a recognised University in at least one programme offered in the College.
- Candidates must possess a Professional Teaching Qualification;a minimum of Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) or Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) or Professional Diploma in Education (PDE), including registration with Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN).
- He/She should be a registered and active member of a professional association in the field of education.
- He/She must have been in a Chief Lecturer status in a College of Education or equivalent institution or in a professorial status in a university for a minimum of 5 years.
- In addition, he/she must have held Senior Teaching, Research and Top Administrative positions in a tertiary institution for a minimum of 15 years.
- Candidates must show evidence of result-oriented researches with high national and international impact.
- Candidates must be proficient in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) packages and capabilities.
- Candidates must not be more than 60 years at the time of assumption of duty in March 2018.
- Candidates should have demonstrative ability to attract finds to the College, both locally and internationally.
- He/She shall not promote personal, social, ethnic, political, religious and other sectional interests.
- He/she must be a person of high proven integrity.
Terms of Appointment
- The appointment is for an initial period of four (4) years, in the first instance, and may be eligible for re-appointment for a second term of four (4) years.
- The salary attached to the post is according to a special scheme of service and consolidated.
Method of Application
Applicants should submit their applications in twenty (20) hard copies with an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae which must include the following information in this order:
- Full Names(Surname first)
- Post Desired
- Date and Place of Birth, Local Government Area
- State of origin
- Telephone Number(s)
- E-mail Address
- Current postal address
- Permanent home address
- Marital status
- Number of children and Ages
- Name and address of Next of Kin
- Educational institutions attended with dates
- Academic qualifications
- Professional qualifications and distinctions with dates
- Membership of Professional Associations/ Bodies
- Honorary/fellowship of learned society (if any)
- Work Experience in chronological order
- Present Employer. Status, Salary and Work Schedule(s)
- Extra-curricular activities
- Date available to assume duty if appointed.
- Names and addresses of three (3) Referees, one of whom must be the present employer.
Applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope and marked “Post of’Provost” at upper-left hand corner, addressed to:
Federal College of Education, Eha-Amufu,
- Candidates should request their Referees to send confidential reports attesting to their claims of academic and managerial capabilities to the same address, as above, before the closing date.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview