Protection Project Manager, Unicef at COOPI Cooperazione Internazionale
COOPI Cooperazione Internazionale, is a humanitarian, non-confessional and independent organization founded in 1965 in Milan, Italy. For more than 50 years we have been dedicated to breaking the cycle of poverty and to supporting populations affected by wars, socio-economic crises or natural disasters in their path to recovery and sustainable development, by making use of the professionalism of local and international operators, and through our partnerships with public and private bodies and civil society organizations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Protection Project Manager, UNICEF
Location: Potiskum, Yobe
Duration: 1 year
- COOPI started its operations in North-East Nigeria in July 2014 to carry out a rapid evaluation of the most relevant constraints suffered by the Internally Displaced People (IDPs) displaced by the food crisis and the Boko Haram insurgency in the Lake Chad Basin.
- COOPI’s aim is to support the most basic and pressing needs of communities affected by the conflict. COOPI is providing a multi-sectoral emergency response to the IDPs, returnees and host population focused on food security, nutrition, protection and education. COOPI main area of intervention is Yobe State but we are also present in Borno.
Scope of the Vacancy
- The Project Manager is responsible for the overall activities’ planning, execution and reporting of his/her projects.
- He/she is directly assigned to, and responsible of the supervision of all logistics, HR, financial and overall functioning aspects for his projects.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
- Under the direct supervision of the Head of base and in link with the Program Coordinator, he/she:
- Designs the detailed work plan in line with the project guidelines and description, guaranteeing the smooth implementation of all the activities on-time, on-quality and on-budget;
- In cooperation and synergy with the project staff, plans and monitors the activities’ progress, in compliance with the contract signed with the donor, with donor’s and COOPI’s procedures, and with the specific Project Structure and Reporting Lines definition, making use of the financial instruments provided by the organization;
- In collaboration with the Administrative and the Logistics team, plans and monitors the expenditures in line with the project’s implementation needs;
- In cooperation with the Program Coordinator, finalizes the data provided by the Child Protection Officer, supports the preparation, in compliance with the deadlines, of the narrative reports expected by the donors and by the partners;
- Coordinates the overall project: supervises the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the staff; monitors the accuracy and efficiency of the case management activities; in collaboration with the Child Protection Officer, deals with possible cases which cannot be addressed by the available and ongoing referral network;
- Contributes in consolidating the case management referral network by establishing proficient collaboration with the partners working in the targeted areas and actively suggesting gaps and recommendations to the supervisors;
- Contributes and approves the line of training designed by the Child Protection Officer;
- Represents COOPI with the local / State authorities and partners (SEMA, MSWSD, MYASD, NGOs and UN agencies at local level Protection Working Group meetings);
- In collaboration with the Program Coordinator and head of base, prepares all the formal communication and contract modification requests (ex. budget modification) of the project;
- Manages the goods purchased for the project; for all goods purchased by the project, support updates of the inventory and guarantee the respect of the policies and guidelines, in cooperation with the Logistics Office;
- In collaboration with the Program Coordinator and in synergy with the specific reporting lines of the projects, promotes and manages relations with the local government institutions, NGOs, and other local partners available in the area;
- Executes any other task necessary to good and timely completion of the projects, identified in mutual agreement.
- In coordination with the Administrative team, supports in hiring of new staff directly related to the project and conducts staff appraisals Upholds COOPI’s mission and Charter of Values;
- Follows and enforces all COOPI codes of conduct and policies (globally and in-country);
- Performs any other duties as requested by the supervisor.
- Master’s Degree in education, legal studies, sociology, political science and /or humanities or any related field.
- At least 3 years of working experience in/with INGO on Protection area
- Proven interest & commitment to humanitarian and development principles and a demonstrable understanding of conflict/post conflict development contexts
- Experience in data collection, analysis, and report writing
- Excellent in English (oral and written)
- Experience in designing and conducting training in INEE and Child Protection issues especially in the areas of human rights, gender, capacity building, added advantage, SGBV
- Ability to plan, organize work, communicate and reports effectively (both in writing and verbally)
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- team player, effective communicator, successful negotiator, creative and analytical thinker, active learner, able to work in a multicultural environment
- Excellent communication skills, calm, with a good sense of humour
- Proven commitment to accountability practices
- Ability to function effectively under stressful conditions such as heavy workloads, and deadlines.
- Excellent Microsoft Office applications skills (Excel, Word, Power point, Emails, Skype, Web researchers)
- Knowledge of and adherence to COOPI Code of Conduct, understands other international development guidelines.
Application Closing Date
18th December, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online