- Location(s): Not Specified — Nigeria
- Specialization: • Project Management
- Industry: • NGO / International Agencies
- Application Deadline: November 07, 2017
- Job Type Contract
Subscribe to FREE job alerts.Don’t miss any opportunity. Get notified of new jobs
WaterAid Nigeria is recruiting for contract Project Officer.
WaterAid is an international organisation whose mission is to transform the lives of the poorest and most marginalised people by improving access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene. Through their partners, they have reached 2 million people with safe water and 3 million people with sanitation last year.
Job Title: Project Officer
- WaterAid is on a mission to change normal for millions of people within a generation -. by getting clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene to everyone, everywhere by 2030.
- The overall purpose of this role is to support reviews of public policy themes related to the WASH sector with a special focus on Sanitation to drive delivery and influencing. To conduct policy analysis and generate evidence to support evidence-based advocacy by WaterAid at the country and regional level
- The jobholder will play a key role in conducting policy analysis and generating evidence to support evidence- based advocacy by WaterAid at the country and regional level view to improving access to WASH in West Africa Based at the WaterAid West Africa Regional Office in
- Dakar, the Project Policy Officer will be responsible for:
- Policy influencing
- Policy dissemination
- Advocacy research and documentation
- Grant management
- All to support the Bill and Melinda Gates Project in WaterAid West Africa region
MIN REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
To be successful, you’ll have:
- A 4-year University Degree / Masters in Social Sciences or related fields
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience, of which at least 3 years must be in the area of research or policy analysis
- Ability to work in French and English
- Excellent writing skills and experience in preparing briefs and reports
- Ability to work under pressure and tq meet tight deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and knowledge of Access
- Be willing and able to travel
How To Apply:
Applicants should send their Application (Letter of Interest and a CV) using the job title as subject of the email.
- To apply for this role you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in Senegal.
- Only candidates shortlisted for interviewing will be contacted within two weeks of the closing date for applications.