Project Officer – Gender and Vulnerable at the Adamawa State Community & Social Development Agency
The Federal Government of Nigeria has received a Credit from the International Development Association (IDA) towards the Implementation of the Additional Financing (AF) of the Community and Social Development Project (CSDP).
Applications are invited for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Project Officer – Gender and Vulnerable
- The objective of the CSDP is to sustainably increase access of poor people to improved social and natural resources infrastructure in a sustainable manner through the provision of grants to support the poor communities.
- The project is extended to December 2020, Adamawa State Government intends to apply part of the proceeds of the credit to finance the hiring of the services of the following category of contracted or seconded staff that are competitively recruited into the service of the Adamawa State Community and Social Development Agency No 57 Atiku Abubakar Way Jimeta-Yola.
- Develop an action plan for mainstreaming vulnerable groups and gender sensitive activities in the operation of the State Agency
- Facilitate the preparation processes of CDP and GDP formulation at Community level
- Assist project team to incorporate appropriate vulnerable groups (including gender) issues into project activities.
- Assist in organizing training for line ministries, LGA, LGRC and Operations Officers in mainstreaming vulnerable and gender issues in development activities.
- Liaise with the Desk Officers in line ministries to identify mechanisms of incorporating vulnerable and gender issues into their programmes.
- Identify and articulate opportunities for integrating social safety nets in project activities.
- Prepare a quarterly report highlighting emerging issues from projects activities in mainstreaming vulnerable group/gender issues in development activities;
- Provide input to the preparation of quarterly/ annual and requisite reports of the operations department.
- Provide inputs to the costed yearly work programmes for the operations department.
- Develop, maintain and disseminate a comprehensive knowledge base on vulnerable group perspectives to promote staff awareness
- Maintain links with and update knowledge of other relevant agencies programs on mainstreaming vulnerable groups into development agendas.
- Design strategies for the encouragement of the government and its agencies to be more supportive towards the cause of the vulnerable.
- Responsible to the Manager, Operations.
- Any other duties assigned by the manager, Operations.
Qualification and Experience
- At least a first degree in Social Sciences, Natural Resources Sciences, Rural Environmental Development, Agric extension with at least 5 years post qualification experience part of which must have been spent in CDD related areas.
- Computer literacy, experience in Gender/Vulnerable Mainstreaming and Safety nets will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
18th December, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their hand written applications and comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) 10 copies each with all the necessary credentials attached to the Office of the:
Adamawa State Community & Social Development Agency,
No 57 Atiku Abubakar Road,