Project Manager/Country Representative at the International Volunteer Service for Development
VIS – International Volunteer Service for Development, a non-profit and Non-Government Organization (NGO) of solidarity, began to operate as an educational agency. According to Italian law nr. 49 in 1987, obtained in 1991 from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the NGO is competent to carry out projects of International Cooperation for development.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager/ Country Representative – English fluent, Migrations, Vocational Training, Good Italian
Duration: 24 months availability, first contract for 12 months, renewable at the end of the first 12 months.
VIS – Volontariato Internazionale per lo Sviluppo has decided to start its interventions in Nigeria in the year 2017 with the project “Liberi di partire, liberi di restare” (Free of leaving, free of remaining). In line with the Regional Strategic Planning for West Africa and the 2018-2020 Strategic Planning in elaboration, VIS has identified the area “Migration and Development” as its position within the country, investing primarily in partnership with the Vocational Training Centres of the Salesians of Don Bosco Congregation in the country (in Ondo, Onitsha and in the new centre of Ijebu Ode), with the aim of creating vocational training and labour opportunities for young people vulnerable and at risk of entering in irregular migration routes towards Niger and Libya.
Through this project VIS aims at contributing in reducing irregular migration flows from Nigeria, supporting vocational training and socio-labour insertion avenues capable of creating opportunities for the local youth and favouring the social reintegration of return migrants. We intend more precisely to upgrade the economic and social conditions of the population segments more at risk of entering in irregular migration routes and become easy victims of traffickers in human beings of the target communities through the development of technical and professional skills and access to the labour market.
Place of employment: The working place will be Lagos PDO (Planning and Development Office). Frequent travelling to the following project sites are foreseen: centres in Ijebu Ode (100 Km.), Ondo (245 Km.) and Onitsha (450 Km.), for meetings and activities linked with the project management.
The CR/PM will focus on two principal objectives:
- Coordination and management of all VIS activities in Nigeria, guaranteeing primarily the fulfilment of the outputs foreseen by the project “Liberi di partire, liberi di restare”;
- Facilitate a strategic position of VIS in the country, building up positive relations with donors, public authorities and other private social, national and international organizations active in the same strategic areas of VIS.
Activities to be implemented:
- Contribute at identifying new project interventions and to the decisions about the project proposals to the funding institutions;
- Contribute at studying and drafting new projects, at presenting the project proposals and at the follow-up of the project proposals presentation process;
- Draft and control of periodical operation plans and their eventual integration and enlargement during implementation in collaboration;
- Coordinate all foreseen activities in loco in collaboration with the local staff, the local counterparts and all stakeholders;
- Collaborate in purchase/in loco or in Italy carrying out of supplies/works/services;
- Realization in this area of all procedures require by donors and/or by the VIS management manual;
- Collaborate to the operation and financial monitoring of the project and of eventual new intervention and the economic-financial monitoring of the activities of the local counterparts, including the control on the respect of the operation plan for each intervention;
- Contacts and dialogue with all in loco VIS interlocutors about activities connected with project management (payments, expenditures to undertake, transfer entries, purchases for the projects, etc.);
- Coordinate and manage the in loco staff, management of the work-team, supervision of the home and work environment and of VIS vehicles;
- Control on the implementation of visibility activities as requested by donors;
- Preparation of intermediate and final project descriptive, narrative and financial reports and eventual new interventions;
- Active participation in different coordination structures present in loco, both at local donor’s level and institutional and international and local organizations levels;
- Production of Information and visibility materials about the projects in collaboration with VIS staff and the local counterparts and writing articles for VIS magazines, website, newsletter, if requested by Headquarters;
- Accompany official donors? delegations or visiting journalists or in alternative the logistic organization of the visits of the Regional Coordination or from Italy;
- General accounting book keeping of VIS activities in Nigeria
- Degree in Economics, Political Science, International Relations, Education Science, Vocational Training Sciences or similar;
- Thorough knowledge of English, written and spoken and good knowledge of Italian;
- Knowledge of main project management tools (PCM, Log Frame, etc.)
- Knowledge of lifelong learning processes and of the vocational training/competence development;
- High level theoretical background and proven experience in development project management in the field of education and vocational training, with reference to English speaking Sub-Sahara Africa;
- Experience in curricula drafting and in the definition of vocational training modules;
- Experience in implementation of training activities with the direct involvement of institutions and public authorities;
- Drafting and management capacity of technical and vocational training interventions and of support to policies in the field of vocational training;
- Quality curricula realization in the field of vocational training and connected various technical subjects;
- Monitoring and evaluation of trainers’ competences and of the adopted curricula;
- Monitoring of the undergoing interventions and evaluation of their sustainability strategies;
- Capability of carrying out precise market analysis for conceiving technical vocational activities responding to the needs of the local context;
- Attitude at team-working and confronting with structured local counterparts, from different backgrounds (public, private, religious);
- Enthusiasm and predisposition to start new activities in different contexts;
- Eventual preferential requirements: sharing Don Bosco mission e Christian values.
Application Closing Date
27th November, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV’s to: email@example.com
Note: Only profiles in line with vacancy will be contacted.