Project Manager at Save the Children Nigeria
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities. In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters. Each year, we and our partners reach millions of children in communities around the world. Join our dedicated and diverse staff in their work to improve the well-being of children everywhere.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno Nigeria
Desirable: Fluent in English
Contract length: 06 months
Working closely with the DTL and Project Director and other FSL program managers to:
- Administer the development and successful implementation of work plans and oversee the creation of reports and other deliverables to FFP in a timely and accurate manner.
- Oversee and support implementation through a local partner, including the supervision of proper targeting, identification, registration, and monitoring of beneficiary lists to prevent overlap with other humanitarian programs in the intervention zone.
- Quality technical leadership and advice to the local partner around the design, implementation and monitoring of project work at state and community levels.
- Coordinate closely with other humanitarian actors and UN agencies carrying food vouchers, and food distributions for geographic mapping and to ensure program activities are in line with national and humanitarian food security priorities.
- Ensure that efficient systems are in place to support all aspects of project activity, including financial and grant management, project monitoring and evaluation, and sub grant management, and that they support the effective use of project resources in compliance with FFP regulations.
- Work closely with the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) team to develop appropriate monitoring and evaluation plans and to capture learning opportunities around the effectiveness of voucher-based programming, and in particular, the use of e-vouchers.
- Ensure regular monitoring of the market prices and generation of monthly market assessment reports.
- Ensure compliance with all grant, FFP and government provisions, and timely fulfilment of all project programmatic reporting requirements.
- Oversee timely expenditure of approved budgets, avoiding both under spending and overspending on grant line items.
- Work with the logistics team in the identification and selection of vendors to participate in program activities
- Ensure that all vendors working on the program are abreast with and respect all SCI rules/regulations pertaining to the program as well respect the rights and privileges of beneficiaries
- Maintain close contact with the service providers facilitating the food assistance program and ensuring timely replenishment of beneficiary accounts as well as tracking beneficiary transactions.
Qualifications and Experience
- Extensive experience of working within a senior management role within a complex country programme in an emergency response or fragile state
- Previous experience of managing programme teams in large-scale first phase emergency response is essential
- Education: MA / M.Sc level (or equivalent field experience) in Agriculture, Rural Development, Development Studies and other relevant qualifications.
- Experience of M&E and beneficiary accountability systems in large complex programmes
- Experience of developing and negotiating successful partnerships with institutional donors
- Proven ability to influence change at an operational and strategic level
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- A high level of written and spoken English
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of SC. In particular, a good understanding of the SC mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support.
Application Closing Date
24th November, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their covering letter and their up-to-date CV’s to: Fsy.email@example.com