Project Manager at Save the Children Nigeria
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Project Manager
- The Project Manager will be based in Maiduguri and work under the supervision of the Deputy Team Leader (DTL) – Programme Operations to provide technical guidance, manage the project team, ensure monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning, and quality implementation of the OFDA project.
- He/she will also lead on effective financial and operational management of the project.
Qualifications and experience
- MA / MSc level (or equivalent field experience) in Agriculture, Rural Development, Development Studies and other relevant qualifications
- Extensive experience of working within a senior management role within a complex country programme in an emergency response or fragile state
- Previous experience of managing programme teams in large-scale first phase emergency response is essential
- Experience of M&E and beneficiary accountability systems in large complex programmes
- Experience of developing and negotiating successful partnerships with institutional donors
- Proven ability to influence change at an operational and strategic level
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- A high level of written and spoken English
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of SC. In particular, a good understanding of the SC mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
- At least 5 years of humanitarian experience
- Previous experience working in NE Nigeria
Application Closing Date
23rd December 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online