Project Manager – Nigerian Joint Response 4 at Save the Children Nigeria
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Project Manager – Nigerian Joint Response 4
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The role The Project Manager-Nigerian Joint Response 4 will be based in Maiduguri and work under the supervision of the Deputy Team Leader (DTL) – Programme Operations and in collaboration with the Nigeria Joint Response (NJR) Consortium Coordinator, to provide technical guidance, manage the project team, ensure monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning, and quality implementation of the project.
- He/she will also lead on effective financial and operational management of the project.
Qualifications and Experience
- Extensive experience working (including in a management role) in a complex country programs in an emergency response or fragile state
- Previous experience of managing program teams in large-scale first phase emergency response is essential
- Experience managing, monitoring and reporting on grants from institutional donors
- M.A / M.Sc level (or equivalent field experience) in the Applied Sciences including in the domain of Economics, Agriculture, Nutrition, Development Studies and any other related domain
- Experience with M&E, and implementing learning and beneficiary accountability in a large complex program
- Experience of negotiating, developing and implementing successful partnerships with multiple stakeholders
- Proven ability to influence change at operational and strategic levels
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- A high level of written and spoken English
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Commitment to the aims and values of Save the Children (SC). In particular, a good understanding of the SC’s mandate and child-focus, and the ability to ensure this always underpins the support we provide
- At least 5 years of humanitarian experience
- Previous experience working in NE Nigeria
Application Closing Date
23rd December, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and up-to-date CV’s, as a single document, to: E.Hamdain.email@example.com Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
- Due to the urgency of this position, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
- Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.