Project Manager, GBV at INTERSOS Nigeria
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager, GBV
Location: Maiduguri with missions on the coordination office in Abuja and on the field bases (Ngala, Bama, Dikwa, Monguno, Mobbar and Magumeri LGAs), Borno State, Nigeria
Starting date: 01/11/2017
Contract duration: 7 months
Reporting to: Head of Mission
Supervision of: 7 local staff
General Purpose of the Position
- The Pm of the CP project will oversee the activities, Administrative, HR and Logistics component of the project, including Maiduguri, Bama – Banki, Mobbar and Monguno, ensuring operations quality, strategic programming and planning, ensuring strategic growth and strong external and internal representation and advocacy.
- S/he must be able to motivate and lead a diverse staff as well as effectively oversee the activities, budgets and partnerships.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks
- Supervise implementation of project activities in a timely manner
- Develop and manage the implementation of/adherence to work plan and M&E plans
- Manage all financial resources allocated to the project, including budget holding responsibility, production of financial plans and cash forecasts and verification of budget vs. actual on a weekly and monthly basis
- Manage all logistical procedures for the project – ensuring INTERSOS and donor requirements are met and proper documentation is collected and maintained for all procurements
- Ensure that reports are submitted to NHF as per the agreed reporting schedule
- Ensure data is collected regularly to respond to agreed indicators
- Develop budgets and project proposals for the GBV sector in Borno State, in close coordination with the technical team and the head of mission;
- Carry out rapid assessments to investigate further programming opportunities inside Borno State;
- Build capacity of INTERSOS in GBV sector, to meet minimum standards for GBV programme in Emergency, including training and mentoring of the staffs with the technical support of the Advisors.
- Technical support for GBV activities throughout the programme providing insights to national and international staff on the standards including tools and methodologies.
- Work with the mission Protection team to strengthen the Protection sector in INTERSOS Nigeria Mission.
- Ensure 5W matrices are submitted to the State Clusters as per the agreed reporting schedule
- Represent in close coordination with the HoM and the Protection department the program with national authorities, non-state actors, UN agencies, NGOs, donors, etc. in Borno State and in Abuja;
- Recruit and train national staff as required to achieve the project objectives;
- Work with the administration department to ensure all administrative procedures are followed for shelter Staff in the field – updated personal details on file, accurate ToRs for each staff member, payrolls etc.
- Relevant degree and/or equivalent GBV working experience.
- Relevant working experience of at least 3 years and previous Humanitarian experience.
- Strategic vision, leadership, people management, teamwork and flexibility, ability to work under pressure in a highly complex emergency context
- Excellent organizational skills in highly complex emergency operation
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills
- Practical and problem-solver
- Excellent ability to establish inter-personal relations and good negotiation skills
- Good knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Good knowledge of the international standard on GBV and Protection
- Good knowledge and management of GBV IMS database
- Fully proficient in written and spoken English
- Ability to deal with stress and demanding working environment
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of INTERSOS
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online