Project Coordinator at Save the Children
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities. In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters. Each year, we and our partners reach millions of children in communities around the world. Join our dedicated and diverse staff in their work to improve the well-being of children everywhere.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Project Coordinator-Nigerian Joint Response Phase 4 (PC_NJR4)
- The Consortium Coordinator would work under the supervision of SC’s Humanitarian Director and in collaboration with SC Netherlands and relevant colleagues in partner NJR INGOs, to provide oversight, ensure complementarity, collaborative impact and reduced duplication, manage joint and collaborative activities, ensure monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning, and quality implementation of the program.
- S/he will also lead on effective financial and operational management of the coordination work plan and budget.
Qualifications and Experience
- Extensive experience working (including in a management role) in complex country programs in an emergency response or fragile state
- Previous experience of managing teams in large-scale emergency response
- Proven ability to influence change at an operational and strategic levels
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- A high level of written and spoken English
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Education: MA / MSc level (or equivalent field experience) in the applied and aid-related sciences
- Experience with M&E, and implementing learning and beneficiary accountability in a large complex program as well as reporting on grants from institutional donors
- Experience of negotiating, developing and implementing successful partnerships with multiple stakeholders
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Commitment to the aims and values of Save the Children (SC). In particular, a good understanding of the SC’s mandate and child-focus, and the ability to ensure this always underpins the support provided.
- At least 5 years of humanitarian experience
- Previous experience working in NE Nigeria
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Apply