Project Accountant – NTBLCP (TB Grant) at the Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH)
We seek applications from qualified candidates for the below position under the Global Fund Tuberculosis (TB) Grant- New Funding Model and the Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV/AIDS (SIDHAS) project-USAID funded:
Job Title: Project Accountant – NTBLCP (TB Grant)
Type of Appointment: Full Time Contract.
Duration: Two (2) months, till December 31st 2017 (renewable.)
- Reporting to the National Coordinator (NTBLCP) as well as collaborating with ARFH Director of Finance and Admin.
- He/She collaborates with the program staff and Global Fund Fiduciary Agent to ensure effective financial support, grants management and budgeting.
- Provide support in the preparation of budget and cash flow for programme implementation and prepare the budget tracking analysis, determining variance analysis.
- Supervise the NTBLCP finance staff in preparation of vouchers, cheques and receipts.
- Ensure compliance with internal control processes, adherence to donor financial regulations and that all expenses are within approved project budget lines.
- Provide quality control checks ensuring that all valid financial transactions are entered into the accounting systems.
- Prepare accurate, regular and timely financial reports for submission to ARFH and the donor, using the office QuickBooks accounting software.
- Review the retirements of advances of staff for training, M&E etc. on the financial reports to ensure that financial reports; are timely with valid documentation.
- Follow up with all outstanding advances to staff and project partners, to ensure timely and proper retirements.
- Support in managing all project assets and stock items, ensuring satisfactory level of accountability and internal control at all times.
- Provide support for audit processes both internal and external for NTBLCP and projects.
- Maintain working relationship with banks to ensure timely banking transactions.
- Work closely with program team, Global Fund Fiduciary agent and support other staff including mentoring for effective operation of ARFH and project activities.
- Maintain relationship with external auditors, suppliers, banks etc.
- A minimum of HND/ B.Sc degree in Accounting and ACA/ACCA/CPA.
- Must also have at least six years working experience with Non-Governmental organizations, with skills in QuickBooks, Microsoft excel, words and power-point.
- A good knowledge of internal control systems, financial audit processes, grant management systems and accounting procedures for Global Fund projects is essential.
Application Closing Date
27th October, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter in ONLY one attachment (MSWord document) explaining suitability for the job; to: firstname.lastname@example.org Using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees.
- Candidates must provide functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of the referees.
- Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).