Program Officer at Cheers Nigeria
CHEERS is one of the leading indigenous Implementing Partners in Nigeria focussing on mitigating the impact of HIV/AIDs, Malaria and Tuberculosis in Nigeria. CHEERS mission is to improve the quality of lives of vulnerable population groups in rural communities across Nigeria by increasing access to healthcare services, education and economic empowerment. CHEERS is currently scaling up TB/HIV program coordination and implementation within the 6 geopolitical zones of Nigeria and is in need of competent/qualified persons to fill up the vacant positions listed below.
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 3 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Medical / Health NGO/Non-Profit
DESIRED START DATE: January 2018
QUALIFICATION: MPH, MBA, BSc.
Summary of Position: The Program Officer is responsible for assisting the Program Manager in collaboration with the technical team to plan, coordinate and monitor the implementation of all project components of TB/HIV care and support programs at supported facilities in the states. Program Officer works under the supervision of the PM to provide technical assistance and oversight to State Agency for the Control of AIDS, State AIDS Control Program (SACP), and HIV Treatment implementing partners in the implementation and strengthening of HIV treatment, care and support activities in project states.
- Assist the Program Manager in all aspects of program implementation, with specific responsibility for:
- Timely data collection, accurate report writing (monthly/quarterly/annual/end of project)
- Assist with concept paper and project proposal, work plan, budget plan.
- Assist with project assessments, monitoring and evaluation.
- Assist with development and improvement of strategies for HIV/TB prevention, care and support.
- Assist with training to state team leaders to improve program performance.
- Develop M&E tools for program monitoring and evaluation.
- Review case studies for publication.
- Work in close cooperation with state program staff to analyze data and set up new criteria for impact monitoring.
- Follow up on report timeframes to ensure draft reports from state team leaders are submitted within deadlines
- Work closely with financial staff to ensure that expenses follow closely the budget plan, analyze and explain variances.
- Provide timely draft reports to Program Manager for final review
- Conduct regular supportive supervisory visit to states to monitor program quality and provide technical assistance
- Attend meetings as maybe delegated by the program manager
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, in health, social sciences, or management. Post graduate degree in Public Health or Social Sciences will be ana dvantage
- At least three years’ experience in designing and implementation of large-scale projects in Nigeria e.g. Global Fund.
- Systems building and systems thinking skills as well as high-level advocacy, report writing and communications skills.
- Well-developed conceptual thinking skills.
- Evidence of result-driven and results-based management.
- Extensive experience in working with international cooperating partners and donors, the public and private sectors and non-governmental organisations
- Have a good grasp of the determinants, challenges and impact of TB/HIV in Nigeria and the growing demand for effective response planning, monitoring and evaluation frameworks.
- Experience in the design and implementation of TB/HIV programmes
- Ability to work in and around team building environment and work under pressure.
- Previous experience in managing a Global Fund project, working on M&E will be an added advantage.
- What we offer
- Challenging working environment with scope for professional and personal development;
- Being part of a dedicated, motivated and intercultural team;
- Salary depending on the capacity and experience of the candidate.
- All candidates must meet all the criteria of minimum qualification.
Method of Application
Please submit a one-page application and CV as a single document (word or PDF only) containing contact details of 3 referees to email@example.com please indicate clearly that you are applying for any of the above mentioned position by mentioning the position and state in the subject line of your mail and in your application letter. Candidates are discouraged from applying for more than one position
The closing date for all application is 5pm Friday 15th December 2017.
NOTE: There are no relocation allowances for the advertised position. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and shortlisted candidates must be ready to attend interview at their own cost within one week after the closing date.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer