Program Coordinator Vacancy At The Nigerian Women’s Trust Fund
The Nigerian Women’s Trust Fund (WF) was created in 2011 to increase the representation of women in Nigerian governance at all levels and address the growing concerns about the gender imbalance in elective and appointive positions. The Fund’s thematic focus are: Fundraising & Grant Making; Democracy, Leadership Development & Governance; Research & Information; and Gender Advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Coordinator
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
About the Role
- The Program Coordinator is responsible for planning, fundraising, budgeting, and community outreach; develops and implements programs that align with the Fund’s mission, vision and goals to close the gender gaps in governance at all levels through democracy, leadership and governance processes.
- Conduct regular analysis of political issues on inclusive and participatory democracy in line with the Fund’s thematic priorities
- Lead the development and implementation of the Fund’s strategy.
- Lead the development of thematic work output particularly on resource mobilization to support women’s political participation, gender advocacy and leadership development
- Lead the development of appropriate strategies for advocacy with partners.
- Apply proven experience to lead the process of planning, program development and grant-making or related activities to prepare funding and project proposals, and periodically prepare work plans, project and annual reports;
- Conduct broad outreach about the Fund’s priorities, meet with potential grantee organizations, review letters of inquiry and proposals, and prepare background materials for the CEO;
- Lead the organizing and facilitation of dialogue meetings, workshops and seminars with government representatives, civil society and international development partners
- Pursue alliances, network and collaboration with organisations with similar or complimentary thematic focus;
- Identify and enlist consultants as may be necessary to deliver the objectives of the Fund;
- Work with the communications teams to carry out a weekly update of the Fund’s official database, projects, activities, documents, processes etc
- Prepare annual reports, annual workplan and review the Fund’s strategic plans with the research and communications officer
- Deliver on responsibilities in accordance with the Strategic Plans of the Women’s Fund and the agreed performance objective;
- Identify opportunities and provide assistance in developing relationships for promoting women’s political participation;
- Represent the Fund at meetings, seminars, co-ordination fora and other events.
- Maintain ongoing contact with grant recipients including fostering exchanges, circulating information and encouraging collaborative activities with funders, partners and beneficiaries
- Provide effective and ongoing communication to diverse audiences on programme areas;
- Maintain accurate records and monitor the performance and impact of all grants in an effort to capture the lessons learned;
- Organize meetings, workshops and learning events periodically to advance knowledge about priority topics, evaluation, etc;
- Engage in fundraising through writing of proposals and organizing other fundraising activities;
- Lead the design and implementation of current and innovative projects;
- Carry out any other duty that may be assigned by the CEO.
- Perform project organization activities in liaison with the CEO; lead program assistants in drafting project reports, estimates for budgeted activities and funding proposals.
- A Bachelor’s or Post-graduate Degree in the Social Sciences including Law, Political Science, Communications, Economics, Gender and Development
- A Master’s Degree in development or a related field is an added advantage.
- A minimum of 7-10 years of experience in the field or in a related area, broad familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures in Civil Society Organisations and Not-for-Profits; relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- The programme coordinator must possess a certain degree of creativity, innovation and latitude including a good understanding and knowledge of the Nigerian democratic and political environment and its interplay with civil society.
- Must be female and familiar with development partners, government and civil society organisations with demonstrated knowledge of the Nigerian political environment
- Critical thinking, problem solving, organization, attention to detail, leadership, clear spoken and written communication, active listening, and can perform a variety of tasks.
- Good command of written and spoken English essential;
- A good overview of women’s political participation issues, and an active interest in the workings of civil society;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Frequent travel in different municipalities of Kosovo to implement programme activities is required
- Enthusiasm to learn and apply new skills;
- Good interpersonal and team-working skills;
- Traditional Office hours of 9am – 5pm weekdays with some travel in and outside Abuja.
- Negotiable and competitive within the sector.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s along with a Cover Letter, outlining relevant experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org Kindly use the title of the position in the subject line.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Application Deadline 19th October, 2017.