Program Coordinator at Secours Islamique France (SIF)
Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intents to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF provides its help in respect of the cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender.
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 1 year
- Location Borno
- Job Field NGO/Non-Profit
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Based in Maiduguri, the Program Coordinator is in charge of the supervision of programs and the local staff related to the programs.
- Part of the Coordination Team
- Coordinating the implementation of the SIF programs in the mission
- Responsible for the quality of the programs.
Operational strategy & Coordination:
- To contribute to the elaboration of the mission’s operational strategy: context analysis and its evolution, elaboration of problem trees and proposed solutions, needs assessment analysis, proposal of new actions, budgeting and HR dimensioning.
Project Cycle Management:
- To ensure the conception of the projects: needs assessments, baseline survey, and proposal of actions.
- To supervise the implementation of the projects: planning of activities, follow-up of the implementation, collect of sources of verifications.
- To define partnership modalities with the operational partners, be in charge of the partnerships, define and supervise the capacity building plans for the partners.
- Provide leadership and management to the program team.
- Support national staff, ensuring that the individuals work effectively together as a team to achieve the project objectives
- Propose Job descriptions for all new project staff
Supports: Admin, Finance and Log (in cooperation with the Admin Officer and/or the Admin Coordinator)
- To manage the program budgets: regular monitoring of the expenditure states according to the allocated budgets and programmatic forecasts, validation of the expenditures he is responsible for.
- Representation (under HoM request):
- To represent SIF as part of the implementation of activities to operational partners and to the local and regional authorities.
- To attend conferences, coordination meetings, clusters and donors meetings.
- To elaborate presentation projects tools (objectives, methodology, activities, and results) for authorities, donors, partners etc.
- To elaborate activities monthly reports for the Head of Mission
- To elaborate donors reports according to the requested deadlines.
- To elaborate Ad hoc reports: mission, follow-up, survey, training, etc.
- Minimum 1 years of previous experience in humanitarian work,
- Experience of strategic thinking, including identifying, analyzing, problem solving and responding to opportunities and challenges and the ability to translate these into practical plans of action.
- Knowledge and experience of project planning and budget holding; proposal and report writing.
- Knowledge and understanding of project management tools (Logical Framework analysis, project cycle management, objectives and indicators etc.)
- leadership skills and a supportive management style (experience managing national and expatriate staff)
- Ability to understand the cultural and political environment and to work well with partners including local authorities.
- Experience of working within an insecure environment with responsibility for security planning, monitoring and management
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to SECOURS ISLAMIQUE FRANCE (SIF) career website on secours-islamique-fr.jobs.net to apply