Production Manager At The Fareast Mercantile Company Limited
The Chanrai Family put down roots in Nigeria in 1890 with trading at the centre of all commercial activity. Today, Fareast Mercantile Co. Limited our flagship company in West Africa has dedicated its resources to supply chain management through the import and distribution of products covering branded food, FMCG, appliances, and tires for the best multi-nationals in the world. A product portfolio spanning 1500 SKUs is managed with a capable professional team, robust infrastructure, and strong delivery systems to ensure availability of products covering 93% of the throughput of the country. Other subsidiaries in the group focus on pharmaceutical distribution with a dedicated resource for institutional business in the area of health. Diversification into assembly of air conditioners in June 2003 was the first step towards backward integration with a view to import substitution, self-reliance and creation of employment…bearing in mind the Government’s plan to put Nigeria on the road to industrialization.
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job FieldManufacturing
The role involves all related aspect regarding the Filling and Packing daily operation, including the Tin Can line; Sachet line and Soft Pouch line. The role is responsible for the overall Filling & Packing Line Supervision from establishing the operation in the first instance to its’ ongoing management, maintenance, and development.
- Lead all staffs and machine operators in the provision of technical support for all Packing lines.
- Evaluate packing lines work condition; packing area GMP condition; packing area hygienic condition and staff facilities conditions
- Ensure production planning is delivered and meets all requirements regarding product quality and output.
- Definition of Packing Lines Standard Operation Procedure and work procedures.
- Implement and training all staffs regarding SOP’s, work procedures and GMP in conjunction with QA/QC Manager
- Implementation, control, and improvement of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Support QA/QC Manager regarding consumer/customer complaint
- Ensure the safety of the staff working in the filling packing area as well as HSE policy implementation.
- Provide Technical support to the machinery operators
- Ensure overall organization and discipline of the packing line area.
- Key Performance Indicators
- Achieve defined standards of quality; OEE and wastage
- Manage staffs working in the packing line; make sure they follow Quality policy, GPM rules and HSE. standards
- Implement and improve GMP standard.
- Support and contribute to an effective and successful team
- Coordinate and oversee safety in the warehouse
Core Selection Criteria
- Significant operational experience in an international food company
- Previously held Packing Line Supervisor / or assistant manager in a packing operation.
- Strong knowledge in GMP/ hygiene/food safety/OEE
Skills / Knowledge
- Strong people management skills
- Excellent influencing, interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly results oriented
- Strong analytical, logic thinking and problem-solving skills
- Educated to degree level or equivalent Chemistry Technician
- Graduate in food science or food technology
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Fareast Mercantile Company Limited career website on www.seamlesshiring.com to apply